Inside His Mind (Chapter 2)

Sonic's Mind ~ Unknown Time

November 21, 2019  

Time has passed since Sonic's (possible) death. It's have been rough, with Ruby losing her mind. She couldn't take it. Knowing that Sonic could die. Sonic was lying on the ground, unconscious.

"Hey." a voice called, "Hey. Wake up."

Sonic groaned, as he looked up to see..........himself, "What the.....?"

"I said get up." the Other Hedgehog said. Sonic did as he commanded.

"Who are you?" Sonic questioned. The Other Hedgehog scoffed,

"Me? I'm your Consciousness, dude."

"So, you're like my thoughts, right?" Sonic asked.

"That's right." Sonic's Consciousness replied, "And I'm here to get you back into the real world."

"But, what's the point?!" Sonic shouted, "Someone, I don't know who, stabbed me in the chest! I'm dead! Eggman won. Plain and simple."

"So, you're really surrendering yourself that easily?" the Consciousness asked.

"Well, do I have any other options?!" Sonic yelled, "How am I supposed to live in a life full of danger, when all I'm doing is putting others........and her.........in harm's way?! It's impossible."

"Yes, you do have other options. And no, it's not impossible." the Consciousness answered.

"Don't sugar-code it, okay?" Sonic said, "I'm done."

"Fine. But let me ask you this." the Consciousness said, "Don't you think that if you're out of the picture, a lot of people would be affected? Especially Team RWBY? Didn't you even stop and consider that people's lives would be different if you bit the dust?!"

"O-o-of course I did." Sonic said, "But, how will knowing that help me wi-"

"Will you shut up?!" the Consciousness interrupted, "This isn't the Sonic the Hedgehog I know! The Sonic I know wouldn't accept defeat this easily! He would keep on living his life like he would! And he wouldn't give up!"

"But, I......" Sonic was at a loss for words here.

"Alright, hotshot. Still not convinced?" the Consciousness asked, "..........What about Ruby?"

"W-what?" Sonic gasped, at the mention of Ruby's name.

"Take a look at this." the Consciousness said, pulling up a view of Sonic's unconscious body in the hospital bed, with Ruby sitting next to it.

"I-I-is that.......?" Sonic stuttered, seeing his body bandaged.

"That's your body in the real world." the Consciousness answered, "And lookie here. Is that Ruby? Well, I suppose it is. It's looks like she about to say something. Let's hear what she has to say."

Ruby took a deep breath, before speaking again,

"I know you can't hear me.......but I'd thought I'd let you know how much you mean to me.........I love you, Sonic the Hedgehog. Not as a friend. As something more. I care about you. I haven't stopped thinking about what will happen to you. We need you, Sonic.......I need you."

"S-she.......she l-loves me?" Sonic said, with a look of relief and shock on his face.

"Do you get the picture now?!" the Consciousness said, grabbing Sonic by his bandanna, "You can not, and will not let yourself die this easily! If you do, then your crush will be depressed for the rest of her life, up until the point where she wants to join you in Heaven!! Now, get back out there, and tell her how you feel about her! And don't let me catch thinking like this again!"

"Fine. But, give me some time to think about what I just heard." Sonic said, still shocked about what Ruby said to him.

"So, she does like me, after all. Holy cow."

    ____________________________________________________________________________________ 

A//N: I'm sorry that this seems a LOT like Sonic Stop Motion Adventures Episode 18. I just LOVE that episode so much, that I decided to make a recreation of one of my favorite parts of the episode (Other than the epic Dark Sonic transformation) with some minor changes. I'm also sorry about updating this story more frequently than Sonic X RWBY: Revelations. I said that I would update that story every month. So, I have time to finish this story before I move on to Revelations.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, Chapter 3 is coming soon, and I will see YOU in the next Chapter. Bub-bye! :)