I Promise (Chapter 1)

Mobius Hospital ~ Night Time

November 21, 2019

It has been two months since the incident of Sonic's (possible) death. Although, his body did fight bravely to stay alive, he did not awake from his deep, dark slumber. Pacing back and forth throughout the room was a panicking Ruby Rose as she was worried that Sonic would not wake up. Sitting in a chair in the room was a calm Yang Xiao Long, Ruby's older sister.

"Ruby, calm down. It's been two months. I'm sure he'll wake up sooner or later." Yang assured.

"Yang, we've been over this. I can't calm down, knowing that my friend could be dead. And all I did was stand there, and watch him get stabbed." Ruby said, tears forming in her eyes,

"I couldn't do anything. He was in my arms. I watched him take his last breath. I can't drive that memory out of my head, no matter what I try to do. He's my friend, and I need him, Yang. Rather we're friends or something more, I just need him."

Yang was shocked to hear that they could be something more.

"A-are you sure you want to be something more?" Yang asked, "I mean, he's a Hedgehog and you're a huma-"

"I know we're different, but I love him! And......and I don't know if he likes me back." Ruby said, finally stopping her pacing.

Yang yawned, stretching her arms, "Well......it's getting late. I'm heading back to Tails' house. You coming?"

Ruby looked back at the unconscious Hedgehog, before looking at the blonde brawler,

"I'll be along in a minute. Just wanted to say goodbye."

Yang questioned why Ruby didn't do this before. Usually, she'd go along with Yang, but the blonde decided to let it slide. "Alright. I'll wait outside."

And with that, Yang walked out of the room. Ruby sat down on the bed, next to Sonic.....before she spoke,

"Sonic.........you don't deserve this. Any of this. You deserve a life with friends, adventure, everything you want! Your death means everyone will be heartbroken........including me."

Ruby took a deep breath, before speaking again,

"I know you can't hear me.......but I'd thought I'd let you know how much you mean to me.........I love you, Sonic the Hedgehog. Not as a friend. As something more. I care about you. I haven't stopped thinking about what will happen to you. We need you, Sonic.......I need you."

Ruby got up, looking at the unconscious Hedgehog, and spoke one last time,

"I promise. I'll never let anything like this happen to you again."

And just like that, Ruby walked off to the outside of the hospital. She looked back, as she remembered Sonic's last words to her,

"I.......love you.......Ruby Rose."

Ruby smiled as she walked, thinking,

"He really does like me."

____________________________________________________________________________________

A//N: Holy crap! As the ship couldn't go any further! Blue Rose for the win! :D Alright. I need to calm down. There's only three more chapters (+ the Epilogue) to write. You can do this! You'll all like these last chapters!

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, Chapter 2 is coming soon, and I will see YOU in the next chapter! Bub-bye! :)