Chapter 1, The Ravens' New Recruit

Kageyama's P.O.V

Kageyama walked slowly down the sidewalk, listening to the sounds of cars as they drove by. He let out a breath, watching as it billowed into a small cloud around him. The mid-November weather was beginning to really set it, as recently the temperature had dropped from 10 degrees to hovering around zero. The on-set of cold had forced Kageyama into wearing more layers, which he honestly didn't like. He was currently wearing a black pea coat with a pair of grey gloves, a black beanie and a red plaid scarf that matched what he wore beneath the coat; a red plaid shirt with dark straight jeans. As for shoes, he kept to wearing his black high-top converse. He was carrying his black backpack, as he was heading to his favourite place to study.

The teen looked up from the sidewalk at his feet, seeing his destination not too far ahead. He let out another sigh, approaching the single glass door. He pulled open the door, the smell of fresh coffee and baked goods feeling his nose. The sound of bells rang as he entered, heading towards the front counter.

"Good afternoon, Kageyama!"

Kageyama looked up as the familiar, kind voice greeted him.

"Hello Sugawara," Kageyama greeted, raising a hand in hello.

"The usual?"

"Yeah, thanks."

Kageyama let out a faint yawn as he stood and waited for his order. He glanced over the several baked treats, taking notice of some of the new Christmas-themed cookies and donuts. He took in a slow breath, enjoying the scent that filled the small café.

"Here you go, a cinnamon chai latte!"

"Thanks, Suga-"

Kageyama was cut off when he realized it wasn't Sugawara. Instead, a younger teen had replaced him. Kageyama didn't recognize him, so it meant this must be his first day here. He had bright orange hair that stuck out in all directions and warm brown eyes. He was wearing The Raven's Nest barista uniform, which included a white dress shirt, grey vest, black dress pants, black bow tie and a black apron around his waist with the words "The Raven's Nest" woven in white cursive letters on the corner of it. He spoke in a loud, cheery voice. He seemed like someone who would never be sad, someone who could get annoying pretty quickly. Kageyama paused for a moment before taking hold of the ceramic mug.

"You must be new here," Kageyama added as he took a sip of his drink. He watched as the Orange-haired boy blushed, seeming caught off guard.

"Y-yeah, this is actually-"

"Your first day?" Kageyama finished his sentence for him, which only made his cheeks turn a brighter red.

"My name's Hinata... Daichi's told me about you. It's Kageyama, r-right?"

Kageyama simply nodded, taking another sip of his latte. He mentally questioned why this kid was so flustered. Sure, it was his first day here, but he doesn't seem like someone who would have difficultly talking to people.

"Well, e-enjoy your afternoon, Kageyama."

The orange-haired boy bowed slightly before returning to the kitchen, away from Kageyama's view. The teen sighed before going to sit in his usual spot, hidden in the back corner of the small shop. It was a comfy black chair with a small table beside it, another larger coffee table in front. There was also another chair like it on the other side of the small table as well as a love seat across the coffee table. Kageyama took off his backpack, setting it beside the chair and taking a seat. He took another drink of his latte before setting it down. He reached into his backpack, pulling out several books as well as a notebook and pencil. He removed his winter clothing and set it in the other large chair beside him. The male stretched before sitting back in his chair and began to write in his notebook, enjoying the peace and quite as well as the warmth around him.

Hinata's P.O.V

After speaking to Kageyama, who he had been informed was The Nest's most frequent visitor, Hinata rushed back to the staff room, his cheeks still bright red. When he entered the small room, he was greeted by two of his fellow staff members. They were both sitting on the couches in the centre of the small room and they had their attention turned to their newest barista, which was Hinata.

"So? What do you think of him?" Nishinoya, the crews shortest member, asked.

Tanaka, who was sitting beside the spikey-haired barista, asked the same thing which just as much excitement.

"H-he's fine," Hinata said, trying to hide his blush.

"You totally like him, Hinata! Oh my god!" Nishinoya teased, jumping up from the couch and half-tackling the younger.

"I do not! I-I just met him!" Hinata protested, his blush quickly returning due to Noya's teasing, to which Tanaka had also joined in.

You see, when Hinata had first come here to register for the job, Nishinoya and Tanaka had managed to force the poor first-year high schooler into confessing that he indeed was gay. Hinata wasn't sure how or why they suspected it, but some how they managed to know. Luckily, Noya and Tanaka had promised to keep it a secret. Well, with one condition; they were allowed to try and hook Hinata up with Kageyama. At first, Hinata had refused; they didn't even know if Kageyama was gay! Hinata highly doubted that he was, as he didn't seem like someone who would be something other than straight. But the two insisted that they would make it happen. The main reason Hinata agreed to this was because they threatened to tell the entire team about his secret sexuality.

So that's how this happened. Hinata sighed, knowing it would be difficult to work here with the constant playful teasing from these two.

Oh well... I guess I'm just gonna have to learn to roll with it...

✧ ✧ ✧

That's it for Chapter 1! 

This is my first KageHina fanfic, so I hope it's alright~

I'll try my best to update this as often as possible, so be sure to stay tuned.

Kind comments are always encouraging!

Until next time,

Fluent_key. (◕‿◕✿)