Vampire Queen Part 20: Theo's POV

Vampire Queen: Theodore Gracie

            Ouch… My crotch still hurt from when she kicked it.

   Jane…

   Watching you ride away in that taxi cab tore my heart into pieces.

   Why would leave me like that? Why would you leave me again for him? Of course you probably didn’t know it was him when you received the invitation to go to Transylvania. I should have used more force to stop you. Then maybe you wouldn’t be in his hands right now.

   It has been two days since you left me alone. I’ve been thinking of what he could do to you in just two days.

   He could take advantage of you Jane.

   He could convince you to marry him Jane.

   He could bite you Jane.

   I shuddered. I can’t let my thoughts run rampant like this. Jane is a strong-willed girl. She won’t fall for any of his tricks. She won’t fall for him again… Will she? No Theo! Stop thinking such things! You can save her. You still have time. I stood up from my living room couch. I must go to Transylvania!

   I packed a duffel bag full of clothes and necessities. The day before I had taken about twenty thousand dollars from my parent’s bank account. They’ll understand. They already know about my destiny. I wrote a note for my parents and placed it on the kitchen island and headed out of the condo.

   I’ll by a ticket to go to Transylvania, Romania at the airport. I already know someone who will help me rescue Jane when I get there. Yeah she’ll help me… She owes me one anyway.

   I hailed a taxi cab. A skinny Hispanic man opened the side door for me. I hunkered down in the cab, closed the door and gave the man money and the coordinates. JFK airport. As the cab sped away from my condo complex, I thought about that moment with Jane the day before she left. The moment where I almost… I winced. I didn’t even want to think about it. I can’t believe I dirtied her in that way. I didn’t even try to. It was like I was being possessed by a lusting demon.

   Jane’s scared face when I tried to talk to her almost brought me to tears. I never wanted to hurt her. I didn’t mean to hurt her. Now she thinks I’m just a dirty pervert who only wants her for sex. That thought sent her running straight into Vincent Knight’s arms.

   My lips pulled back in a snarl. No doubt he’ll try to get her to remember her past. He’ll try to recreate the past, I’m sure of that, but he’ll do it his way this time without my interference. Then again he probably doesn’t know that I exist. He probably only thinks that by some kind of luck, Jane was the only one of us that was reborn. Ha. Well this will be a big shock to that vampire pretty boy.

   The taxi cab suddenly halted to a stop.

“Here we are. JFK airport,” the Hispanic cab driver said in his thick Spanish accent.

   I nodded and stepped out of cab. The man closed the door behind me and drove away. Okay I just have to buy the ticket for the next flight to Transylvania. Simple enough. I strolled into the airport and over to the International Airlines desk. A woman was sitting at the desk with her feet propped up. Her face was buried in a magazine. I tapped the little bell on the desk.

“Eek!” The woman was jolted out of her magazine trance, dropping it on the ground immediately and sat up straight.

“Hello,” came a perky voice with a Romanian accent. “How may I help you today sir?”

   The woman was a tiny thing, but cute, with bright, fiery red hair and was dressed in a flight attendant’s uniform. I read her nametag. Sylvia Pumpkin. I smiled to myself. Wow I didn’t think I’d find her so soon. I thought I would have to backpack all around Romania to find her. Sylvia gave me an impatient look.