Chapter 33: Ice Cold

Start from the beginning

"Yes, but it has to be a powerful demon." She said. I already know who my first suspect is.

"Can it be your father?" I asked. Raven wasn't proud to run through the lines of their blood. To spread fear and chaos.

"I haven't heard from him in awhile and the demons don't seem to be troubled either." Raven was thinking hard.

If it is Trigon who made Starfire like this why'd he wait for a long time to do this?

"Robin, if my dad did do this. It can mean one thing." Raven said

"What?" I saw her fidget and sigh

"Father isn't the type to go around and do things impulsively but sometimes he does. But in this case, I was wondering why did it take so long for him to make a move? Why now? What can he gain from the Tamaranian?" Raven said and she was thinking whit her father was up to.

"We aren't sure if it's him yet Raven." I said to loosen the mood. But Raven shakes her head in response.

"I'm warning you as a friend Robin. If you go to her mind and battle my father. It will take a lot of willpower and strength for you to take him on." Raven said then she turned her back on me.

"And maybe, just maybe you may be able to save her or risk losing your life for hers." I looked away and left the room afraid to think what to do and what not to do.

34 hours before the Invasion

It was dark.

"Hello?" It was defensive maneuver for me to be on alert but the darkness, the cold air, the eerie feeling crawling up my spine was something I know.

"Show yourself." I said to no one in particular.

"R-Robin?" It was faint but I swear I heard it.

"Starfire?" My mind was swirling. My legs were tingling. I was having a moment of adrenaline rush running through my veins.

"Starfire?" I said again. I was running to nowhere in particular but her voice. Her voice kept me going

I saw a faint light up ahead. I smiled. I will finally see what—

My thoughts were jumbled. In front of me was Starfire.

Chained both hands and feet to the wall. Her dress crumples, dirtied, and ripped. Her hair messy and unclean her arms wounded. Her face tired

"R-Robin..Help...me," Starfire managed to choke out. I lend out a hand and I saw her beam at me. Her eyes twinkled and I gradually smiled too

But the light in her eyes was lost and her smile slowly wavered. She looked at her body and a sword had pierced her.

"I-I'm sorry Robin." Her body slumped forward and her head lowered. I was aghast. When I tried to move her body melted away like paint in the walls.

"No. No. Nooooo." I could hear her talking. Her last words kept on ringing in my ears ziblocked her out but it was no use. I succumbed into the darkness.

"Robin!" I heard a faint sound and it was getting louder and louder.

"Robin!" I woke up in cold sweat with Raven, Cyborg and Beastboy on the foot of my bed and on the sides.

"We thought you were dead man." Beastboy said.

"W-what...what happened?" I sat up.

"You kept on saying no in your dream and you were getting paler." Cyborg said