Best friend

"Hey. I'm Christopher Row, I came from Detroit and traveled here because my dad was promoted and has to work here in Georgia now." Mrs.Elizabeth smiles at me, " Thank you Christopher, go back to your seat please. I walk over and sit in my seat. I here someone mutter, "faggot.." I look over to my right and see this jock with a muscles the size a steroid user. I decide not to reply on his smart ass comment because I don't want a mosh pit on the first day of my new school.After the last period ends I walk over to my locker. I see this girl dressed in black skinny jeans, black shirt, and a green beanie. She waits for me to come to my locker. "Don't let that ass hole get to you, his brain is just as small as his dick is" I laugh, i knew that moment I made a friend. "I'm Nicky, you?" "Chris" I reply. I take my backpack out of my locker and begin to walk with her through the hall, constantly being bumped into. We reach the door and I walk out. "See you on Monday" I say "You think I could come with you, wherever you're going" she says nervously. "Sure, You need to make a call?" She nods her head "my mom is a pill head she doesn't give a shit about me. "Sorry" " it's okay" she says in her cute voice. We walk across the street and go up to my house, my mom isn't home yet so I just lead her into my room and turn Eminem on. She I glance over at her notice she is lip singing the lyrics. "You know this song?" I chuckle. "Hell yeah!" She laughs. She starts to sing the lyrics aloud. I just laugh quietly, I've never seen a girl who loved rap so much. The song ends and she asks if she could pick out a song. I give her my phone and let her go through my music. "Damn you have good taste" she says staring and scrolling through the music. She picks the song 6 foot 7 foot by lil Wayne. She knew all the lyrics to the song, rapping along  trying to imitate his voice. She turns the music down, "you're really cool, we'll get along as long as you don't piss me off" she smiles. "How could I do that?" " you'll know when it happens" I look at her confused, them she turns the music back up. I hear my bedroom door open, my mom peeks in. She smiles at me and leaves, making sure the door is half open. "I guess she doesn't trust me" Nicky laughs "Nah I just look like a slut right now" "shut up you look fine" I argue. She smiles and rolls her eyes at me. We continue to listen to music until it turns 8:30. "I'm gonna go home, bye Chris" "bye" I smile at her. She walks out the door, turning around just to stick her younger back at me. I chuckle once more, closing the door behind her and turning the light off. I fall back onto my bed and fall asleep, happier than I've been in a while..

The next morning my mom wakes me up "Get ready for school honey" she says in a polite voice. I get up after she leaves the room, closing my door. I Change into my clothes, grab my school papers, pack my bag and walk outside. As I walk down the hill, I plug my headphones in, turning on the same songs me and Nicky were listing to the day before. I walk down the road, drumming the air, not caring what anybody thinks. My day had started up just perfect. I woke up early, ate breakfast, and didn't struggle to get out of bed. I reach the school and see Nicky waiting outside for me. I smile at her, she smiles back and walks towards me. I take my headphones out, "Morning" She yawns before replying, "morning.." "Didn't get enough sleep?" I say concerned. She looks so tired it seems as if she hadn't even gone to sleep at all. "No, my mom was drunk all night, yelling at the tv.." I shake my head. "Well you don't have to see your mom for another eight hours!" I say trying to cheer her up. She giggles, "yeah I guess so" we walk into the school together, there were only about 10 or 15 people at the tables, it was pretty early. I follow her to a seat and sit next to her. She sits in silence, staring into space. I put one of my headphones into her and smile, she looks at me and smiles back. I plug the other into my ear and we just listen to music, waiting for the other kids to come so they can dismiss us.

We listen to the same song for about 20 minutes, and then we here the first row of the table being dismissed. She takes the earbud out of her ear and hands it to me. I turn my phone off and put the earbuds on my shoulders. They dismiss our side of the table. We walk to the main hall and I follow Nicky to her locker. She gets her stuff and we walk into class. We decide to sit next to each other in the back corner of the class, where we could talk to each other and not be intruded by jocks and douchebags. We continue talking about our favorite music and hobbies, waiting for class to start. The teacher walks into the room and removes the door stop, closing the door behind him. He walks over to the board and starts writing down what assignments we have to do in the class. There were only about 5 pages of work so I knew I could finish in about 30 minutes at most, giving me about 45 minutes to talk to Nicky. I go over to his desk, grabbing a piece of paper and a text book. We were learning about adaptation in the human race, so the work wasn't going to be as challenging as I thought. I finish my work about 20 minutes later and turn my papers into the basket. I walk over and sit next to Nicky, she was about finished with the last paper, so I patiently waited for her to finish. She walks over and turns her work in, I watch her walk over and sit back into her seat "So we have all of our classes together?" I ask her. "Yeah" she says smiling. I smile back, noticing her beautiful blue eyes. I here the intercom beep and I silence myself for a moment. "We need Christopher Row to come to the office please"  I stand up and walk out of the room, hearing a slight "oooo" as if I were in trouble. I walk down this long ass hall and reach the office, and walk in. She points me to a room into the right corner of the entrance. I walk over and read "Counselor" on the front of the door. I walk in, seeing a man typing on his computer. I sit down in the chair across from him, and patiently wait for him to talk to me.  He closes his laptop and sits back in his chair. "Hello Chris, I'm the school counselor. If you have any problems at all or just need to get something off of you chest, come to me. I understand that you're knew here and some of the kids here can be mean, so I just wanted you to stop by so I could tell you this." I nod at him "okay, but I'll be fine on my own." I walk out of the door, and ask for a slip back to class. She just tells me to sit down in a chair because my class is almost over, so I don't complain.
10 minutes later she puts a slip on the front desk, I stand up, and grab it on my way out. I walk back down the hall to my second period class, social studies. Social studies was my favorite class, we had an awesome teacher, Mr. Phill. He was an energetic, and very smart teacher. He had read about almost everything. He was most interested in history, that's why he's a social studies teacher. I entered the class and sat in the row behind Nicky. The teacher walked out of the class for a moment because he was concerned because of another teacher yelling in their classroom. Nicky turned around and grinned at me. "Did you get in trouble? Already? For shame." She smiled wider as she made fun of me "No just the counselor telling me I can come to him and bla bla bla.." She grinned. As soon as the door opened she turned back around back to doing her work. I raised my hand and asked what we were doing, he told me to go onto a page and find the definitions of the keywords. I came into the classroom after everyone else and I was still the first one to finish, Nicky just minutes behind me, as usual. Me and her were pretty smart if you ask me, Nicky was just someone who took her time, I rushed through my work, making me a Straight B student. Most people at the school thought I would just be another geek because of the way I looked, but they were wrong. This school was 10 times worse than my old one, but Nicky was all I needed to have a good day. You could say she's the best thing that ever happened to me..