Different Kind of Allies

*Eragon's POV*

After a while talking with the Du Vrangr Gata, I convinced Trianna to hand her position as leader to me. She was defiant at the start, she grew accustomed to the position and wasn't going to let it go that easily. She was also offended, thinking Nasuada wasn't happy with her leadership. I explained them my plans. Some of them agreed with it. I told them I could easily take down any of Galbatorix's pet magicians, but I still needed their help. I couldn't protect the Varden as well as looking for the magicians, because I couldn't be everywhere. Finally Trianna gave up her position.

I appointed Trianna as my lieutenant, so she would be still able to control the Du Vrangr Gata when I was away. I sent a third of the magicians to the medical tents, because they were healers. I gave them some new spells and enchantments to memorise that would help them heal a variety of different injuries. Some of the magicians didn't want to corporate, so I showed them my skill to show them I had much to teach them. I was proud with myself of how much I have come since the start of my learning of magic.

Arya called me to have lunch. After I ate, I walked out to the battle field. Colossal flocks of birds hovered in the air. There was a large range of them, eagles, hawks and falcons were some of them. They knew a battle was coming, a good time for them to scavenge for food.

The clouds of war are gathering.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was not happy. Nasuada had set up a meeting with an Urgal. Despite my protest, she insisted we let them talk. One of her scouts spotted the Urgal army with a white flag. They wanted a truce. I didn't trust them and I also didn't understand how Nasuada was being polite to them, after all they did kill her father.

We found out that the Urgals were bent to do Durza's will. Galbatorix killed their finest Rams, and now the Urgals wanted his blood. They say all they wanted is Galbatorix dead and also some land of growing and breeding. Nasuada made a deal with them. Even though I hate them, I know they wont break the deal. We both had a common enemy.

"Why do you call me Lady Nightstalker?" asked Nasuada.

"Because your sire was given that name. We gave him that name because he hunted us in the drak tunnels of the dwarfs mountains, and also the colour of his hide. You being his cub, the name also belongs to you," explained the Urgal named Garzhvog.

Then Nasuada announced that if anyone where to hurt or kill a Urgal, they will be punished as if they had done it to a human. King Orik came up to Nasuada and started to urge with her but he was soon cut off by someone shouting that a horseman from the Empire was coming. I jumped onto Saphira and she stalked to our destination.

A soldier halted his black stallion some thirty yards away from us. He started shouting that since we didn't surrender we will suffer consciences for not bowing down to Galbatorix. Also who want to survive must flee now or die with the rest.

I asked Nasuada if I should kill him but she ordered me not to. I was about to reply when all the sudden Saphira reared onto her hindquarters, then planting her front legs onto the chartreuse bank. She let out a long and deafening roar, a defining challenge to all who oppose her.

The roar frightened the stallion, he threw his rider off and the rider landed in a gout of fire that just erupted. His screams didn't last long. All of the Varden cheered at Saphira's triumph. The birds begin to descend. Everyone left to prepare themselves for the upcoming battle.

Let them come, said Saphira her tail twitching like a cats hunting it's prey, They will all burn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~