Nova crossed her arms. " Arrogant and selfish?" she questioned.
" You already know about the princess and her family, right?" he asked. Nova nodded. The princess of the kingdom, was only at a young age when her parents disappeared. Everyone blamed the Demon Sisters, the daughter of Satan. It was recorded that they have destroyed towns and villages, having more orphans appearing than ever.

" Do you think they really exist?" Nova asked. " The Demon Sisters, that is." Aeduuard nodded. " I have been alive long enough to know who they are." He frowned. " Knights and warriors are doing everything they can to stop them, but it shall take time."

" Why haven't they attacked Pirn then? I mean, it's part of Princess Faith's kingdom--I wouldn't be surprised if they did."

" It could be possible that they are planning to attack Pirn next, but remember there are other kingdoms, villages, are towns to attack. There's also that village we have to give food to for the winter."

Nova frowned. " Yeah."

The toll belll echoed through the town. Aeduuard frowned. " We must hurry, they're here."

" Wait, Elder Aeduuard!" Nova called, but he was already down the hill, hurrying back to the town. Nova looked back. Usually, the toll bell meant there was an attack on the town.

What's going on? Nova thought. Ignoring the uneasiness, she jogged to follow Aeduuard back to the town.

~

She came in between Ulric and Borin once again. Ulric noticed and smirked. " Oh, is it the Peyton? Are you really here for once?"

" Cut the crap Ulric. The toll bell rang, it's a sign of an attack, if I'm correct." Ulric nodded and looked at the horsemen that were talking to Aeduuard.

" What is it that you want?" Aeduuard asked. The leader stepped forward. " I thought we had this argeement--the deal was that you would give us food for our whole village."

" I said no such thing! I said enough for the children to have and then the elders. Are you people really that selfish about getting food?"

" Of course we are!" one of his comrades shouted. " We need food and giving it to the children isn't gonna be enough!"

Nova frowned. " Selfish," she muttered. In fact, almost everyone in this world was selfish, this was just another side she was seeing.

" We will only give you what we have talked about," Aeduuard reasoned. " The children are more important than you."

The leader frowned. " Are they really?" he questioned. " Children can't be trained at such a young age. Teenagers, are the ones who need the food."

Aeduuard frowned. He had a point, the teenagers had to be trained in order to join the army for the princess, but still...

" I'm sticking with my decision," Aeduuard said as he turned his back to the leader. " If you don't like it, then ask another town for their supply of food."

The leader's face was left, red with anger. He then raised his sword and slashed it down on Aeduuard. The people cried as he fell.

" Elder Aeduuard!" Nova shouted. She tried to ran after him, but her mother held her back.

" Mother?" she questioned. " When did you get here?" Everyone then tried to take down the leader, but was only killed in the process. Aeduuard trembled as the blood slowly exited his body.

" Please...leave my people be.." he muttered. Not showing any mercy, the sword entered Aeduuard's body, ending his life right there.

" Elder Aeduuard!" Nova screamed. Her Mother held her tightly from running to his side. The leader held up his blood drenched sword.
" From this on forward, the town of Pirn belongs to us!" He turned to one of his comrades. " Kill anyone who doesn't follow directions."

He nodded. " Yes sir."

The people tried to run away, but they were all killed instantly. During the upheaval, Nova was dragged away with her mother.

" Mother!" she cried. " What are you doing?"

" It's dangerous to be out here," she said. She opened the doors to the cellar." Stay in here for the time being." Nova looked inside. It was filled with alcohol, with the same still lingering through the cellar. Though, she didn't resist. She climbed down and waited for her mother.

" Mother?" she called. " Aren't you coming down?"
" Not until the fighting is over. I must help your father and brother in the fighting." Her gasped. " B-but, Mother-" The cellar doors were then closed, leaving Nova in the dark cellar.

~

As the fighting continued, she stayed next to a barrel filled with alcohol, covering her ears. Every second, there was someone who screamed in agony. When the cellars door finally opened, Nova was relieved, but quickly hid when it wasn't her mother. Another one of the enemies men jumped down.

He looked around the cellar. " I know you're in here," he said. Nova covered her mouth tightly. She didn't want this man to be her killer. Suddenly, he hit the barrel, causing her to whimper.

Damn, she thought.
The man's footsteps inched closer to the barrel. Nova quickly moved from her hiding spot, trying to escape, but was also grabbed her dress, tearing it in the process.

" Let me leave!" she cried. The man grinned. " A little girl is the last one standing, maybe I should have the boss sell you into slavery."

" Why have you done this?" she questioned. " My town has given you food since I can remember?!" The man took out his sword. " Sometimes, a deal goes to waste. I wanted to kill that old man for the longest time."

Nova's eyes widened in fear as the man inched closer to her, with his sword raised. " You're from the Peyton family. Your mother looked quite beautiful, the way she died."

Tears spilled from Nova's face.

" A stab through the heart," the man mused. " Such an elegant way to die." Nova looked around the cellar, hoping for a weapon, but there was nothing. She backed away as the man came closer. Her back finally hit the wall, with the man two feet away from her.
She closed her eyes tightly, waiting for the end. But the man slowly put down his sword.

" Or perhaps, you will give birth to another Peyton when you're fifteen." The man grabbed her roughly by her hair and pushed her out of the cellar, into the light. The town had been empty, no running men in sight. Though, the only thing that wasn't living, were all the bodies that were spread out on the ground.

Nova covered her mouth once she felt a familiar acid rising. Blood spattered everywhere. The man pushed her once again, causing her to step in the blood. She shrieked. The people, whom she had known her whole life, was easily slathered.

" I'm getting bored of you," the man said, as he grabbed her hair once more. She cried as he dragged her through the blood. Her finger tips brushed against the handle of a sword that had been from one of the villagers. She quickly grabbed it and stabbed the man in his back, the end of the sword showing at this stomach.

Slowly, he released her hair and he fell to the ground, into the blood. Nova stood up, holding the sword tightly in her small hands. Without warning, she ran, far away from the village of Pirn, that had fallen into hell.

Within The Shadow
A/N

Nova Peyton is her name, the girl with the desire to kill her enemies without warning. Thank you for reading this story and I hope that you would be interested in future chapters.

Another Life: ongoing

Another World: ongoing

Shadow Star: ongo