"Grrrr, that girl gives me the shivers." growled Zack, rubbing his arms to get rid of his goosebumps.

"We have to find a way to get back at her for this." he continued. I didn't bother to retort, because that was exactly what I was planning to do.

Willow

My reflection stared back at me while I sat in front of the mirror, watching Annie brush my hair in long strokes. Annie is our house keeper, she has been with us since forever.

"You should better care of your hair my dear!" she clucked disapprovingly and shook her head.

I knew where this was leading to, as she sucked in a deep breath to let out her daily rants. Annie loves to talk, there was a time when I wondered if she had an illness that required her to talk 24 hours non-stop. Turns out that it was just her love of expressing her views on anything under the sun. Especially my hair. Which she can't seem to wrap her mind about the way I treat my hair. Whatever, it's my hair, I can treat it however way I like. Plus, it's not as if I can appreciate it anyway.

I tuned Annie out as she began her rants. She said the same thing everyday with only very little variations in her choice of words. I started imitating her voice in my mind, "Such lovely hair! Like honey golden silk, and look what you've done to it! Knots and tangles, a mess indeed! I tell you my dear, if I had hair as lovely as yours it would be in a much better condition than you kept yours!" Annie told me that she had mousy brown hair that won't obey her commands. Well I think there's nothing wrong with her hair, its just a little bushy.

I rolled my eyes endearingly at her, and earned a smack in the temple with the hairbrush.

"Now don't you get smart with me young lady!" she commanded haughtily.

"I'm sorry Annie, I know you only want the best for me." Widening my cerulean blue eyes, with my lower jutting out just the right amount, I turned to her, pleading. Years of practice on Annie have not been wasted. She fell for it ever single time, and melted like putty in my hands.

"Please say you forgive me." I begged remorsefully, trying to hold back my laughter. As expected, Annie lowers the brush and used her fingers to stroke her hair, and murmured,"Of course sweetheart, whatever you want."

I've got her twisted around my little pinkie, and I think she knew it, just chose not to say that outloud.

"I want to go to school alone today."

Annie's pursed her lips, the subject often danced around our mind, but I've never breached it till now.

My parent hae always been a little too... overprotective. Since the day I was old enough to walk to school, there is always someone by my side, guiding me. Oh, they stay at a distance all right. But who likes the feeling of being watched on your every move? I am 16 going on 17 now, surely I can take care of myself. I don't need someone constantly circling around me. It's just so hard to breathe. Besides, I am not blind, I don't need people looking at me like I might fall flat on my face at any time.

"Pretty please?" I begged, knowing her resistance is down.

Annie bit her lip, and after pondering for a moment, she finally relented with a curt nod.

"Fine, but don't let your parents see you."

I jumped up in joy and threw my arms around her neck, "Thank you! You're the best nanny ever!" After kissing her soft worn cheek goodbye, I sprinted off to school. Alone, for the first time.

I dashed out of my room, down the long luxurious corridor, where exquitise paintings were upholstered on the velvet covered walls. Luckily my resolve of not wearing high heels was not broken down by my mother and Annie, or I would be clacking down the marble floors like a herd of elephants. Instead, I have my dependable old scruffed converses with me today.