\\Prologue//

A/N: this is just a preview to the book, but if you'd like for me to continue writing the book then leave me a comment! I'll actually write if I'm encouraged...

I've always, kind of blended into the crowd. I never had any friends and if someone noticed me, it wasn't Charlotte Thompson, it was Nerd. That's what I was known as. I was the person you threatened to give you the thoughts you couldn't conjure because it wasn't socially acceptable to be blown off for homework. I stuttered and hid while taking your insults that hurt and damaged me. It left me shattered in pieces unable of ever obtaining its once pristine image, but this did not mean it couldn't be pieced together again. The mirror, like a puzzle, took time and precision to complete because just one wrong move could ruin it even further.
~•~
"Hey, Nerd!"

Was the first thing I heard, as I came out of my last class of the day. Anyone could clearly tell that wasn't my name, but it's not as if anyone cared that my name was Charlotte they only cared about making me feel like shit (as always). I was pretty stupid if I thought I could escape the daily beatings that just so happened to be delivered to me, by the one and only Axel Harrison, and honestly, the names they told me weren't even original in the slightest. They were relatively similar to the ones you found in those overly cliched books or Saturday night sitcoms, or in other words—stereotypical.

They have insulted me and hurt me for so long that I've become numb to the words and beatings that they throw at me. It becomes the same boring routine every single day, and at this point, their insults sound like background noise to my already dull life.

Don't get me wrong though I could probably hand them their asses on a platter if I wanted to. Why? Because I'm the strongest and most dangerous fighter on the streets. I'm known to be reckless and impulsive, but clever and sharp-witted as well. Anyone foolish enough to challenge me is either really brave or as I stated earlier—foolish.

You may be wondering why I don't defend myself though; the reason for that being that street fighting—and racing—is illegal and could ruin my reputation which could mean that my chances of getting into an Ivy League into just hopes. So I was forced into creating an alter ego that would be known as Tallulah Gray.

i haven't been here in a while and just found out that i'm ranked 237 in racer *gasp*