Chapter 29 - Death Day

Maya

'Damon?' I whispered into my dark room. 'Damon!?' I jumped when hands circled my waist and lips pressed against my neck.

''hey there mama" He said. I immediately pushed him off. "Hey!?" He pouted, causing his sculpted jawline to become more prominent...Shit, he's hot.

"Don't ever say that. Ever...Again" My voice deadly even.

"why, what happened?" He approached me taking my hands, worried to have offended me or made a painful memory resurface.

"You sounded stupid" I cracked up laughing and bent over heaving with a fit of giggles, and he couldn't help but join in. 

 As strange as it sounded, I couldn't wait to be dead-ish forever with Damon....

Death Day:

I was wearing high waisted crotchet shorts, a plain white crop top with the word 'LOVE' written across the chest and a pair of mildly battered white vans. Something about my outfit choice seemed to reflect this strange feeling of tranquility i had. It was surprisingly warm tonite as the sky turned from blue to orange.

I grabbed fourty sheets of white A4 paper, shoved it in my rucksack and started pedaling my bike down to the river.

I dropped my bike besides the river and sat on the grass and pulled out the paper. I was making little oragami birds and boats and floating them on the river. After much thought and contemplation and a little war in my head, i decided that falling over the edge of the river while trying to float paper boats was a good way to die.

I scratched and clawed at the river bank sides, ripping one of my nails off and leaving it in the grass. Some skid marks from my shoes as i 'accidently' fell in and i left a broken bracelet on the side of the river, stood up and walked away.

I am finally free.