"Can you kiss me?" That was all Niall could say. He was running out of words as if his language skills were being drained away from his brain.

"Of course, Pumpkin," Zayn answered then leaning towards Niall, placing a gentle, soft kiss on his boyfriend's lips. After a couple of seconds, Zayn was getting into the kiss that he proceeded the kiss into a sensual and an intense one, provoking Niall to reciprocate it. Gladly, he got what he wished for, Niall kissed him back with much more intensity. It didn't take long until hands were being used to undressed both boys. This continued until Niall decided to push back Zayn on his side of the sofa.

"What's wrong?" Zayn question. The hurt was evident on his face, wondering if he offended Niall in any way. Of course, he thought that maybe Niall wasn't ready yet to do intimate things which Zayn understood clearly. He made it a vow to himself that he would not force Niall to do anything that he wasn't comfortable with.

"Let's take a pause before things could escalate into something..." Niall answered, his mind was still recovering from the trauma he received from his ex-boyfriend and also the big decision he was going to make. Why things were so complicated with his life? All Niall wanted was to do his job, fall in love with someone and have a family later on. Was that too much to ask?

"I understand, Pumpkin," Zayn smiled, caressing the soft, milky cheeks of his Irish boyfriend. He would do anything not to mess up what he has with Niall. It would be stupid of him to jeopardize the best thing that ever happened to him.

Niall reached out for the TV remote, turning off the TV, and that made Zayn faced Niall. Zayn noticed that his boyfriend was a little bit distraught. Was it because of their heated kiss? He hoped not.

"We need to talk..."

Hearing those words, Zayn panicked immediately because he knew what those words meant. He used it every single time that he would break up with a girl. Fear and terror filled up his existence, wondering how was he going to turn this around in his favor. Zayn thought that Niall understood the magnitude of his love towards the Irish boy and yet Niall was turning it back to this.

"Look, whatever you heard about me is wrong. I can assure you that!" Zayn said quickly without breathing. He must convince Niall that breaking up with him was not a good idea at the moment. "They are just trying to get in between us!"

"What?" Niall asked as confusion spread through his face. He wondered why Zayn was saying things that don't make any sense. "What are you talking about?"

"Niall, please!" Zayn begged, grabbing Niall on his hands. "I love you so much. You mean so much to me, so please don't break up with me!"

"Break up with you?" Niall questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Why would I do that?"

"You don't?"

"No."

"Whoo!" Zayn sighed in relief. It felt like he just came out of a dark cave and now seeing the light for the first time. "You scared me there, Pumpkin."

"But there's something else that I need to talk to you about." And once again, Zayn felt his heart was pounding so hard in his chest. And somehow he felt like he was being pulled back again into the dark cave.

"What is it?"

"I hope you know that I'm not going to sleep with you anytime soon," Niall said, hoping that Zayn would understand where he was coming from. It should be obvious the reason why after all that he went through with Aiden. It's too soon.

Zayn paused, blinking his eyes multiple times as he tried to process the words that were spoken by his Irish boyfriend. Of course, he understood what it meant. He was willing to wait until Niall was ready to do things that couple do but hopefully not forever because that would drive him crazy.