04 // THE SUPERNATURAL OCCURANCE

Start from the beginning

"No," I scoffed. "You decided that. I said that he is my Edward Cullen."

"Your what?" She looked up and rose an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah," I rolled my eyes, "It's a book Link. I read it in hospital. Edward was a Vampire with... Oh my god."

"What?" Lincoln asked with wide eyes. "Tell me Alex!"

"I think Blue is a Vampire," I whispered. Lincoln looked at me, unblinking. She exploded in a scream of laughter. "Lincoln!"

"I-I'm sorry," she cackled, "I'm so s-sorry!"

"Seriously!" I snapped, "Edward had gold eyes as well."

"The gold eyes again!" She squealed and she laughed even harder. I huffed and looked around for something to throw at her. "Is that why he's so pale as well?"

"I... Maybe," I frowned. "Remember the other guy? He looked almost exactly like Blue. He must be a Vampire too."

"Alexander," Lincoln breathed through the laughter. She'd finally calmed down enough to talk. "There is no such thing as a Vampire."

"But there are Mermaids?" I scoffed.

"No," She said, all humor gone from her voice, "I think you fell asleep and dreamt all of that."

"But..." I tried. "I had cuts all over me."

"You might have just done that in your sleep too."

"The wolf!"

"A figment of your imagination. Your dad was right, there hasn't been wolves in Northrun for thirty years."

"Lincoln, I thought you believed me."

"I felt bad," she shrugged, "when everyone started saying you were mad, you looked really upset."

"Yeah!" I snapped. "Because it was the truth!"

I got to my feet, tossing the book I had been reading onto the table and stomped towards the exit.

No one believed me, not even Lincoln goddamn Parker who had the most open mind in the entire world.

***

"Are you sure you want to come Alex?" Jones asked with a smirk. "There are going to be lots of shadows out there tonight."

"Shut up," I hissed and readjusted the backpack. Tonight was an eclipse and Jones had planned a camp out with Harley and Lincoln. I hadn't been invited until the very last minute, when I caught them leaving.

"We would have given you a flashlight," Harley mumbled as he struggled to climb up the small hill. He produced his asthma pump from his pocket and used it before continuing. "But you lost it."

"I didn't lose it," I snapped, "I know exactly where it is. I just don't feel like going back to the lake to get it."

"Whatever," Jones snorted from in front of us all. He had taken the lead almost as soon as we stepped into the forest because he was the one who knew the way to our old campsite.