CHAPTER 3

A/N: Not edited but here it is(: Enjoyyyy [and message me feedback]. Thanks<3     

        Should I turn around? I don’t want to be rude. But I really don’t want to get involved with people.

        Fuck it, i’m turning.

        As I turned around I came face to face with piercing green eyes, dark brown hair, and a gorgeous smile. This boy was beautiful.

        “Enjoying the view?” Chance smirked as I snapped out of my thoughts.

        “Uhh, that’s funny,” I joked, hiding my actions with a laugh.

        Damn, thank god I got out of rehab.

        “So... Iris Kohl, huh? I’ve heard about you,” Chance said grinning.

        Oh crap. He knows me. Who am I kidding? I’m the girl who tried killing herself. Of course everyone knows me.

        “Really? What have you heard?” I asked, eager to hear what stories had gone around about me since my two year "vacation" from the real world.

        “Nothing too bad. Riley sure wasn’t lying when he told me how hot you are...” Chance announced, slurring his words.

        “Anything else?” I muttered sarcastically, still awaiting the endless questions about my suicide attempt as well as my life for the past 2 years.

        “No... not really... Was I supposed to know something?”

        “NO! I mean... my life isn’t very interesting and... you don’t want to get caught up in my past sooo...”

        I was interrupted by Riley, who was obviously drunk.

        Thank god, Riley, for once I love you for this.

        “Hey Iris! I see you met my man, Chance!” Riley practically yelled. “You don’t wanna get caught up in his mess,” he added, loud enough for only me to hear. He winked.

        After what seemed like an hour, I broke away from the conversation, staying true to Skye. I was serious when I said I was only staying for an hour.

        “Bye guys,” I waved, looking only at Chance.

        “Bye babe,” smirked riley.

         “We should hang out,” offered Chance. I forced a smile and walked out, not bothering to look for Skye. She was probably drunk, anyway.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

        I woke up with a pounding headache.

        Ugh after 2 years of rehab, I can’t even take on 3 drinks.

        I groaned knowing I wouldn’t be able to laze around all day. I needed to find a job.

        I got out of bed and got ready for the day.

        As I finished doing my hair I got a text from Skye.

        IRIS! Where did you go last night? I was worried sick. Anyways I’ll be there in like 10 minutes so be ready. It’s gonna be a busy day...

        I looked at the time. 9:30. I would much rather be sleeping.

        The ten minutes felt more like ten seconds and before I knew it, Skye was in my kitchen.

        “Hurry up!” Skye almost yelled. She was obviously hungover.

        We both don’t wanna do this, so how about you go home and I watch tv?!

        “Iris, I know you don’t want to go out, but you need to start living again. You can’t be my best friend if you’re gonna be so boring,” She joked, practically reading my mind.

        I sighed and grabbed my purse.

        “Let’s go,” I said, emotionlessly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

        “So... how was the party last night? Meet anyone interesting?” Skye questioned as I got into her car.

        My thoughts suddenly went to the bright green eyes and messy brown hair that belonged to the painfully good-looking man, about Riley’s age, who I ran into last night by the drinks.

        What was his name?

        “Iris! You alive? Like are you gonna answer me or something?”

        CHANCE!

        “Chance?” Skye raised her eyebrows.

        Oh crap. Did I say that outloud?

        “Uhh yeah. I mean, my chances of getting with a guy right now are slim, so just leave it,” I snapped, trying to avoid telling my best friend about Chance.

        “Okay then.”

        The rest of the drive was silent. I didn’t even bother asking Skye where we were going because I knew wherever it was she was taking me, I was going to hate it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

        I stared out the window as Skye pulled into a familiar restaurant.

        “Ri’s meeting us here. He offered to take us out to lunch,” Skye stated as she parked her car.

        Of course Riley picked the River Café. He can just pull out his loose $100 dollar bills from his back seat.

        I couldn’t help but wonder what my life today would have been like if my parents hadn’t cut me off.

        Maybe I would have been happier when I began my life in New York City.

        Maybe ‘October 5th’ wouldn’t have happened.

        Maybe I would actually be living my life, like Riley is living his.

        Maybe, just maybe, Riley and I would still be best friends.