Unwanted A short story

Start from the beginning

" Your beautiful... its not like your trying to impress anyone." She smirked and teased me with her next sentence. " Your mate is gonna love you with or without perfect hair. "

I shook my head and pulled my knees to my chest, cuddling with in my own warmth for the next few miles.

<><>

" Come on Katie....."

" I cant." I mumbled. " Its raining."

" Katie..." She warned

" Mom.." I mocked back.

" Dont make me drag your ass out of this car young missy."

Damn it. One thing to know about Mama Kim was when she swore , she ment buisness. She uses it all the time, whether its about cleaning my room or getting the groceries. No matter how old you are, the mommy dearest always over powers yah.

Slolwy I stepped out of the car, my mom linking her arm with mine as we ran up the rest of the driveway onto the huge wrap around porch attached to the great country house. The cold rain hit my head, seaking through my thick coat of hair.

A weird urge for me to shift bubbled inside of me. The thought of running in the rain in my wolf form through open feilds was so tempting! I knew though the only way I will be able to shift for the first time was to have my mate there of the full moon after he claimed me.

Oh god... this is gonna be hell!

We were pulled inside, the squeels of my mom and the familiar voice of Amy as they embraced eachother in a hug. Amy was petite, wide , and curvy hips with a soft flat tummy. Her face was beautiful and kind, no wrinkle whats so ever, yet still showing her age of forty. She had tanned skin, and bright green emerald eyes, that stood out beautifully. Surrounding her face was dark , thick ringlets of black curls pinned half up and half down.

" Oh my god! Is this her Kim?" Amy gasped and took my face in her soft hands for a quick moment, before sliding them motherly down my arms. " Just like you! So beautiful!"

" Thankyou.." I laughed softly my cheeks blushing as a million thoughts ran through my mind.

What if he doenst think im beautiful?What if he is watching me right now!? Where is he?

I knew my body was shaking slightly and I toyed with my fingers nervously. My eyes were wide in fear and I wanted to cry! To much pressure was on me right now. I wish I could go through the mating ceromony like the other girls, it was more traditional than knocking on someones door and saying ' hey. Your my mate. How do you do?"

Amy leaned down , hugging me gently and whispered lowly in my ear. " Dont be nervous sweetie. Hes not even here yet."

Letting out a big breath was an understatement. I thought I was gonna faint from relief! " Thank goodness." I huffed.

Laughter erupted behind me and I swirled around to see a bunch of people in the open doored living room, staring at their visiters. On the couch was a young couple in there very early twenties , (mates of course) , curled up together. A boy around five sat beside them, his hands in the womens hair who was sitting on the ground against him. A man in his late forties sat in the large cushioned rocking chair, a little girl with long curls pulled up into pig tails and a pink dress on his lap.

Last but not least a teen boy, a few years younger than me sat on the floor, bouncing a baseball against the carpeted floor.

I smiled and waved, biting my lip as myembarassment crept up my neck revealing itself as red blush. They all finished chucking and Amy began introductions. The man and the young girl sitting in the chair were her husband and daughter, along with the boy on the ground. The women and small boy were Amys sister and nephew, following the couple on the couch who were Amys God children from her best friend -that she mentioned was in the bathroom. She came back soon after though , welcoming me immedietly.