Chapter 22

Nine. Hours. It took nine hours for Sarah to start crowning. Throughout it all she promised Drew serious pain when she was able to move without it hurting her. So she let him rub her back, and she let him give her ice chips in the hospital. But all that changed as soon as she started the actual childbirth. She kicked him out of the room and told Molly and her mother to come in. They were the only people who had been through this, and those were the only people she wanted to see. They stood on either side of her, not saying anything, occasionally rubbing her back and letting her hold their hands. She was both mentally and physically drained by the time the baby had come out.
"Here he is." The doctor said softly and gave him to a nurse, who wiped him down, skillfully ignoring the cries that managed to not rake through Sarah's mind, and handed him to her. His cries instantly stopped when he was in her arms. He opened his eyes to reveal to baby blue irises Sarah would've awed at... if it hadn't been for the immense pain in her uterus.
"What the f-"
"Looks like we're not done here." The doctor said as she gestured for the nurse to take the baby. Sarah was glad she did, because if she hadn't Sarah probably would've squeezed the little guy to death. She pushed and she pushed again, thankfully I only took two pushes and it wasn't as painful as it was before, and was delighted to hear the shrill cry of the last baby. She was panting by the time they handed her a second pink bundle. Blue irises, once again, peeked up at her again. The crying did not stop, if anything, it got louder and more shrill. Well, she thought in her mind, I don't like you much either. The nurse gave her the boy, and she put him in her other arm. Only then did the little girl pipe down.
"I thought us girls were supposed to stick together." Sarah said lightly in a hoarse voice. Molly laughed and looked at the little girl.
"I think she's absolutely adorable. What're you going to name them?" Molly said nothing about how there were two and not one, but Sarah knew everyone else was going to say it. She hadn't even known she was pregnant! How did that even work!?
"Ander. Ander and Anna Mascot." Even as Sarah said their names she felt the rightness of them settle down in her bones as she gave them both a mischievous little smile.
"This is gonna be fun."

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING MEANT TO BE YOURS!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, OR CONCERNS ABOUT THE BOOK PLEASE DON'T BE AFRAID TO MESSAGE ME! I DO PLAN ON HAVING DESTINED, THE NEW BOOK, OUT BY NEXT WEEK SUNDAY!! AGAIN, THANKS!!!

-A