Chapter Seven-The War Ends

Kevin is the biggest wolf I've ever seen. He let's out a fresh smell of blood and I realize he found a way to cover his true experience. I've still killed and fought more, I know that much. He smiles his wolfy grin at me.

"Last chance Roxy. I think we'd be great mates."

"Well I think you'd be better dead."

We circle each other. I know he's stronger than I am, but I'm faster. Which will win is what I want to know. Strength or speed?

He jumps at me, I see he's the slowest wolf I've seen as I jump out of the way. He turns and faces me slowly.

"So you are the fastest wolf."

I see the floor where he pounced. The tiles have giant cracks in them.

"Your the strongest I see." He smiles.

We circle each other some more, he pounces every now and again, and I always dodge. I wait for a weakness to show itself as I doge him and fake him out. I notice that he's best with his right paw and notice that he has a scar on his left paw and leg. He jumps again, and I dodge, then turn fast and bite down on his left legs. He let's out a growl and tries to get his jaws around me. I dodge while holding onto his leg. He lands a solid kick to my side with his back leg. I feel tears come to my eyes, but I hold on tight. He kicks again, and I clamp down harder and think about my pack and how they need me. I growl and jump at the same time as releasing his leg and jump on his back.

"You little bitch!"

I smile and keep my balance on his back as he spins and tries to bite me. Finally I go for his neck like I did with the wolf back home. But he bucks like a horse and sends me flying off. I kick off the wall and land on my feet. I stand there trying to see straight as he runs at me, he tackles me and pushes me to the wall with such force, there's a small hole in it. He backs up, ready to charge again when I climb out and run at him. He's shocked and that's where he makes a mistake. I jump and land behind him. I bite his back leg, he turns to bite me back but I get my jaws on his neck and go to crush his windpipe. I don't even see it coming when Nathaniel comes out of nowhere and tackles me off of Kevin. I growl and snap my teeth at him as he goes to bite my neck.

Natalya tackles Nathaniel off me and fights with him. I get up and look at Kevin just as he tackles me back to the ground. He changes back and hold me down.

"It's time you learned some manners!" He slaps me.

I change back so I can talk to him. He doesn't pin my legs, thinking they're useless. I move them so I can kick him off in just a second.

"You talk about manners, but you go and pin a guest down." I growl at him.

I kick him in his soft spot then kick him off and jump up and change back and jump ontop of him. I snarl in his ear then clamp my jaws around his human neck. I feel him changing beneath me, so I just clamp down on his neck harder. I taste his blood in my mouth, but his neck is to tough for me to get through his neck to crush his windpipe. He stands up on his four legs and i hold onto his neck as best as I can. He bucks, and spins, but I hold on.

I hear Natalya and Nathaniel fighting, I feel Kevin starting to slow down more and weaken as I get farther into his neck, I see tears as he gets his teeth into my right front leg, I taste his blood in my mouth, and I smell blood and death. I bite down harder and finally feel his windpipe crush in my mouth. His jaw releases my leg and I let go of his neck when I hear his last breathe escape his lungs. I back away and look over to see Nathaniel dead, and Natalya human and dressed walking over to me. I change and sit there, naked. I look at my leg to check out the bite mark from Kevin's teeth.

"Roxy? Roxy are you okay?" Natalya kneels beside me.

"Yea. I'm fine."

I hear the Moonlight pack come into the room and look at me. Since I killed their Alpha I can decide what to do with them. Natalya gives me my shirt and I slip it on and stand up. The shirt covers my body, I look at the pack. They're no longer Moonlights, they're rogues until I invite them into my pack.

"Hello." I say. They look at me, waiting. Some have fear in their eyes, others confusion, and I see a few with hatred in their eyes. "I'm Roxy Newmoon. As you can see I have killed your Alpha, Kevin. Natalya" I gesture to her. "has killed the Beta Nathaniel. I will not force you into the New Moon Pack, that descion is up to you and you alone." I stand tall, they're all staring at me. "If you wish to be a rogue, or make a small pack with friends, you can stay in the city as long as you don't cause trouble. If you cause trouble, I'll ask you to leave or I'll be forced to kill you. If you want to join my pack, then I, along with my Beta Natalya and everyone else in the pack, welcomes you. I know you have lost friends in this war, but I've lost friends and wolves who were part of my family" I clench my fist. "just like you have. I know you must be angry about it and must hate me and my pack for killing them, and I'm sorry. But it happened all beacuase of that man" I point at Kevin's body. "and his want for power. It's my own fault as well, I won't blame it all on him. I should have known he'd start a war, but I didn't think it'd be this big."

They start talking amongst themselves. I wait then start feeling weary from blood loss.

"Now it's time for you to make your choise fellow wolves. Will you join me and the New Moons? Or go alone or with small packs? Step forward or leave if you want to. Descion is yours."

I stay there as they decide. Few leave, others step forward and join me. I smile at each new pack member. Finally, once everyone has decided, I call Killer and have him take the new members to the Blue Moon bar to wait for me as Natalya cleans my leg and wraps it. I take my shirt off so I can fasten my bra on, then put it back on and pull my panties and shorts on. I slip my shoes back on and sit down for a second. After awhile, I pull my knife out and go over to Kevin's body. I flip him over so he's on his back and stab where his heart is. I don't trust him to stay down even with a crushed windpipe. I pull it out and look at Natalya.

"Come on. I want to end this war officially."

She ndos and leads me to her car. We drive to the Blue Moon bar. We're welcomed as if we were royal or famous. I recive hugs from all my close pack members, the people who are like my family. I go up on the stage in the Blue Moon Bar and face everyone. The bar was always big, but with the new recruits, it seems small for once. I have everyones attention as I start to speak.

"Brothers, sisters. Today, we declare the war between the New Moons"  I get cheers from the crowd. "and the Moonlights." Silence. "I welcome every new sister and brother who have joined us today. We have all lost loved ones and friends. But that is the cost of war I'm sad to say. But now, the war is over and peace has settled."

I look over the crowd then see Hue's face. He was dressed in dark colors and blended in other than his spikey hair. He's looking at me, as if I were a Goddess. I ingnor him and look over the members of my pack.

"Now let's celebrate!"

That got eveyone cheering and yelling and applauding. I smile and get off stage and head to the back room. Natalya follows and I hear Hue follow too. I go in, leaving the door open for Hue to come in. Natalya sits beside me as Hue comes in. I look at him.

"What do you want Hue? Shouldn't you be home?"

"I need to talk to you." He says and sits down.