Introduction

It had been twelve years since she had fled to Fereldan from Kirkwall before the chantry was blown up, within those twelve years, she's had two twin girls, reunited with her boyfriend and her two mage friends; Fenris, Anders, and Aedan. She and Fenris had become part of King Alister's royal army, Fenris a trainer, and Lia the army's general. Aedan had become Alister's boyfriend and Anders had become the royal court's tutor of magic; safe from Sebastian or anyone else who hunted him.

Drea and Kana were now elevan years old, Drea had shown signs of being a mage, due to the lyrium in her birth mark and her phasing ability she inherited from her father; Kana on the other hand, took up training with her father to become a warrior. Varric had arrived earlier in the year to inform them of his run in with the chantry seekers, who were desperately searching for the Champion of Kirkwall; for Matthew Hawke. The twins clicked with their uncle Varric faster than Lia and Fenris have ever seen, he told the girls all about meeting their mother, father, uncles; and the adventures they all went through.

While Lia was with King Alister, Aedan, and the army one day; the twins approached their uncle Varric with a curious question.

"Uncle, did mother ever tell you about her childhood? We ask her to tell us all the time and she never does." Drea pouted, sitting down on the ground with her sister in front of Varric's chair while the dwarven male read; earning a half raised eyebrow and a smile.

"Why the sudden curiosity, you seemed content not knowing before?" Varric asked, closing his book and staring at his nieces.

"I have been curious as well, Varric, Lia had always seemed to go to you with all her troubles. She never brought up anything but her family and Haliana to me." Fenris spoke up from his place on the bed, reading a book of his own.

"Lia's always been the secretive type. To be honest, it took some poking and proding of my own, to get any sort of story out of her. Lucky for you, biscuits, your uncle Varric does have your mother's story with him." The blonde dwarf shifted in his knapsack for a medium sized book, making Fenris close his and move to the end of the bed, closer to Varric.

"That book is not as big as Hawke's..." He spoke, tilting his head curiously.

"Well broody, that's because it only goes until current day, Hawke's lasted for years with very many important events to chronicle." Varric explained, looking back to his nieces. "But, we can't let your mother know i'm reading this to you."

"Why?" Kana asked, tilting her head.

"There's a reason you're mother won't talk about what happened in her past, and believe me, I regret asking as well." Interest spread onto the faces of the twins and their father, making Varric sigh and open the book. "Let's begin then, shall we? The Origin Of The Assassin."