Chapter 1

"How'd you sleep, baby?"
Lucious gazed at his drowsy baby mama intently; in his hand he carried a tray of orange juice and poached egg - just the way she liked it.
"For once this baby let me sleep peacefully," she spoke lazily, rolling her eyes. "The damn thing normally kicks me to sleep every night, I think this once he decided to sleep too!"

"Thank God, I mean now I can get some sleep too." Lucious chuckled and Cookie playfully slapped his arm, too lazy to reply with a sarky remark.
"I tell you what, this pregnancy will be the death of me." Cookie groaned, pulling herself up against the headboard of the bed, wincing halfway through.
"Are you okay baby?" Lucious quickly placed the tray on the bedside table and rushed to her side.
"Yeah, just a -" she cut off her speech with a painful screech.

Lucious rushed to her side - panic dominated his bewildered face. Instinctively, he grabbed his phone from the nightstand, his hands shaking uncontrollably.
''I gotchu there Lucious,'' chuckled Cookie. Her pained expression curved into a pompous smile, ''I'm a Lyon. I'm fierce, I'm strong. I'm a Cookie.''
Rouge rose to his face, although not anger, more due to embarrassment.
''You almost gave me a heart attack, foo'! Why'd you do that?'' He shook his head in disapproval to his savage wife.
''Your expression was priceless, Lucious! It looked as if you seen the devil in the mirror!'' she laughed uncontrollably, the sight etched a smile upon his bemused face.
Swollen ankles, fatigued and an immense bump yet she was still beauteous, and he'd do anything to retain that joy on her face.