"I've been attracted to them, but I never really noticed until I met him."

  "So you've never liked a girl?"

  "No, and what's with all the questions?"  She shrugged and continued.

  "What do you love about him."

  "Everything."  She rolled her eyes.

  "Specifically..."

  "His eyes.  They're beautiful, and every time I look into them I can't help but feel all happy inside.  I can't lie to him either, which makes this even more difficult."

  "Just tell him Zeek!  You'd feel so much better!"

  "But he won't love me back."

  "So, at least you told him!"

  "It isn't that easy Naomi."  She looked at the ground and nodded, as if she understood.

  "I know."

  "What do you mean?"

  "I mean I know how it feels to be in love with somebody, and you can't tell them." This got my attention.

  "Who?"

  "Nevermind, forget I said anything..." 

  "Naomi, I told you, you can tell me."  She took a deep breath.

  "I'm in love with my step brother."

  "Jack?"

  "Yeah...  I can't help it!  I liked him before our parents met, but I didn't realize I was in love with him until it was too late, and now it'll ruin our whole family if I tell him."

  "I'm sorry Naomi..."  I gave her a hug.

  "It's okay.  I just want to see you happy Zeke, not miserable like me."

  "How about this... I'll tell Austen once you tell Jack."  She thought it over for a minute then smiled.

  "Deal."

  "Okay, now why do you need a dress?"

  "Jack's graduation party.  It's black tie I guess..."

  "We gotta make you look smokin!!!"  I pulled her into a small dress shop and began pulling dresses off the racks.  "Here, go try these on.  I want to see all of them on you."

  "You know, I'm surprised I didn't figure out you were gay sooner... You're better at shopping than I am."  I just stuck out my tongue at her and pushed her into the fitting room.  "Ughhhhh I look like a Barbie threw up on me."

  "Show me!"  She cam out with a skin tight, hot pink dress that barely covered her butt...  "No, try something... less slutty."  

                                                                                   ***

  "I've tried them all on, and you didn't like any of them!  This is hopeless!!!"  I shook my head at her and looked around.  Then I spotted a dress that looked decent.

  "Try this one."  I threw it over the door and waited for her to come out.

  "I feel stupid..."  She opened the door and my eyes widened.

  "That's the dress.  You look beautiful!!!"  It was dark blue and had black flowers on the skirt.

  "I guess... Let's get out of here."  She went back in the fitting room and got dressed.