Hidden Faery (Sequel to Willow's Point)

Start from the beginning

I was about to open a letter from a Heather girl when Connor came in. He stopped and looked at what I was doing.

“Are those my letters, Taryn?” he asked carefully.

I nodded and didn’t look up as I tried to concentrate on reading what the girl wrote. I was hardly on the third line when it was ripped out of my hand. Connor growled and snatched the box out of my lap and threw its contents across the room, hitting the wall.

“You’ll go through all of my things but won’t ask me yourself! I’ve tried everything to get you to open up to me Taryn!” he yelled.

I just sat there staring at the mess on the floor. It was killing me not being able to read them. That was a terrible weakness that I had. Us fae’s are very mischievous and nosey. We loved to find out things on our own without any help and getting in lots of trouble. Connor was a mystery to me even though he was very open. I wanted to figure him out before he let me know.

“Go away or let me go.” I said looking at my hands.

Connor was kneeled down in front of me in an instant, grabbing my jaw so I would look at him. “I’m not letting you go, little mate. Not until you tell me everything about yourself and why Garrett had you.” He said slowly.

“I’ve done told you. I don’t know anything and it’s not your business,” I spat.

Connor smirked. “I finally got a reaction out of you.” He lowered his head, about to kiss me when I reacted the only way I knew. I slapped his cheek hard before his lips could touch mine. The noise ricocheted across the room, making it sound even worse.

Connor had me on the bed with my arms over my head, holding my wrists down. “You want to play like that, huh?” he asked angry.

I shook my head quickly with widened eyes. He was very angry but I saw the hurt, lust and love that came with it. Connor was falling for me but I didn’t know how to stop it. Ignoring him didn’t work. Lying to him doesn’t work either because he knows I’m lying. I was running out of options and needed to get the hell out of here.

Very softly I whispered, “I’m sorry, Connor.”

Connor froze for a few seconds, just looking into my eyes and finally got up. He ran his hand through his hair with his back to me and left the room without saying anything.

I sat up and looked back at the letters and pictures strewn all over the floor. I walked over and picked them all up and placed them back inside the box except Heather’s letter. I don’t know why hers called to me but I had to know what was written.

I began reading and was getting angrier by the sentence. Heather has had a few intimate encounters with Connor. She wrote about being his secret and can’t wait for the next time he comes. When I read the date, my heart almost fell in my stomach. It was only written two weeks ago. I wanted to tear it to pieces but I had no right. If I did, he would know I cared for him. Maybe that was what he was doing, trying to see if I cared.

I sighed and put the letter back up. I walked to the bathroom and stood facing the mirror. I didn’t have any marks on my face from Garrett because I healed myself. But, I looked drained. I changed my skin tone to tanned from the white that I originally am. It looked great with my natural dark colored hair. Then I changed my hair color to blonde and even made it longer.

When I heard the bedroom door open, I hurried and changed it back before anyone saw my glamour. Connor leaned against the bathroom door frame with his hands in his pockets, looking adorable. I turned the faucet on and rinsed my hands like that was what I was planning to do.

“Would you like to go with me to the store?” he asked.

It was the perfect time to escape. I almost jumped up and down right then but held it in. “Yeah, it would be nice to get some fresh air,” I said softly.