11. Winner Takes All

Comenzar desde el principio

My eyes instantly hooded in a glare. "Just that you two don't look the least alike."

Will smirked. "I'll take that as a compliment then."

"Me too," Douglas agreed. "How can you even compare this," he highlighted his entire well built body, " to that," he pointed to Will's impressive yet less built body when compared to his.

"Are we putting on a modelling contest or are we going to play some golf today?" Dylan called out after the two of them started fighting over who was better.

"Fine!"

The team was then decided. 

According to Dylan who chose to explain to me the hierarchy of such a decision, the two aces at golf were Douglas and Will and if they were to be in the same team, undeniably they would win. But in order to even out the contest they were to be separated, plus it put on a more entertaining show.

So in the end, Douglas and Evan were placed together while Will and Dylan were paired up.

Even with Dylan in their team, I would have still rooted for them given Douglas was in the other team.

As soon as the game started, everyone got the ball in at the first hole. That the second hole, everyone but Dylan got it in in one try. From the fifth hole onward, Douglas and Will were at each others throat with two tries to get the ball into the hole.

Forty minutes into the game, Evan and Dylan bowed out, opting to be bystanders like me as the two cousins battled it out.

Douglas looked like he was born and bred on the golf course, his body knowing what to do. The golf club was almost an extension of his arm.

Will, on the other hand had undeniable skill and technique that would have taken anyone years to master. The way he held the golf club just mesmerized the audience. The firm determination in his expression, the way he struck the ball at the same angle that aided in lessening the wind resistance.

Of course, I didn't know any of this. Evan had decided to give me a play by play commentary of their strengths and weakness.

Douglas's weakness was that he didn't like losing. He was too proud that all he thought about was winning and not enjoying the game.

Will's weakness is that all he did was play the game. He did everything for fun, not caring about the results.

"Who are you rooting for?" Evan asked me as they came up to the last hole.

I merely shrugged.

"Oh come on. Don't be so modest about it. Who are you rooting for?"

By this time, everyone, including Will and Douglas's eyes were on me.

I faced Douglas, smirking. "Will, of course."

"Woooooooh," Evan sang before making kissing noises. "Will's stolen her heart already."

My face instantly reddened when I saw Will smile at me before shooting me a wink.

He got the ball in in four tries.

Now it was Douglas's turn.

He walked up to the mount, placed the ball and stood up, breathing in and out, just as he had taught me. He placed the club flush against the ball, swung it back and hit.

With that one hit he had close the distance between the mount and the hole in half. All he needed was two more shots for the ball to go in and he would have won.

He hit the ball again.

Everyone was on the edge of their seats. The ball was now only ten inches from the hole and everyone already expected him to win. Nonetheless I still crossed my fingers together, hoping for a no-shot. This was much more nerve-wracking than the Olympics

He walked up to the ball, did his same routine and just before he hit the ball, he cast a look at me. He swung his club back and hit the ball.

I held my breath as the ball rolled, and rolled and rolled...past the hole and stopped five centimeters from it.

The screams that erupted soon after nearly blew my eardrums apart.

"What do you want?" Douglas asked Will ten minutes later as he wiped down his sweat with a cotton embroidered towel.

Will smiled. "I don't want you to grant me a wish."

"What?" Evan asked, confused.

"I want her to," Will elaborated as he turned to face me, looking intently in my eyes. My face instantly flushed red as all four boys eyes focused on me.

"Ooooh," Evan wiggled his brows suggestively. "Our little Will's turned to the dark side."

"Just seven months separates us and you guys treat me like a kid," he complained.

"Just shut up and propose already!" Evan chastised.

Will smiled as he faced me, standing up from his chair across from me and walking to my side before getting on his knees. "Will you grant me my wish?"