chapter 2

Let me go back to when it all started. The year was 2004 and there were rumors that gas prices were headed towards the heavens. The people talked about boycotting to get the local distribution companies to keep the prices lower, but all they ever did was talk. There was never any action to go with it. Daily the tanker trucks made the trip to either Montreal or Albany and back to St. Albans or surrounding areas to make their deliveries . Back and forth 2 to 3 times per day for each tanker truck.

As the gas prices continued to escalate I was surprised that they were not hijacked. Of course where would you hide a tractor trailer tanker. Certainly not in your driveway or behind your garage.

It was a Wednesday afternoon, midweek for Arthur Dubois.  He was a  new driver.  Although he had some commercial driving time, he had not yet reached his first 100,000 miles.
He took his time inspecting his rig.
When you are hauling fuel you don't want any mistakes.   Everything looked fine and Arthur was just about ready to call dispatch.   He placed his call and Nancy answered on the second ring. 

"How are you today?"  She said.

"Excellent with a chance of meatballs,"  said Arthur.

"Come on don't you ever have any variety in your diet?"  Asked Nancy.

"Mama Mia's Home Style 'frozen' and thawed, "  answered Arthur.

"I've got a Montreal run for you today," Nancy said.

Arthur wasn't getting anywhere near as many runs to Albany as he would have liked. 

"THANKS Nancy that will be fine," he chewed the words like they were corn flakes.