He wasn't making any sense but I nodded anyway to please him.

Thankfully the bell rang saving me from any more of his awkward comments.

"I think he was trying to say that you're awesome." Keira whispered to me before sauntering away from us.

"I think she may be right..." Landon whispered in my other ear a few seconds later.

"The two of you make the perfect couple..." I teased him suspecting my gut feeling was right. "How long have you been together?"

"How do you... Shit! You can't tell anyone, Poppy, I'm serious..." He was suddenly very pale. His panic didn't make sense, the two of them were best friends and had apparently been so since kindergarten. Plus, they were both legacy, so why would they hide?

In any case, I respected Landon too much to leave him in this state of panic. I put my own worries aside and bumped my shoulder into his playfully.

"Chill Grassi, I won't tell, ok?" I then murmured, thinking it'd be enough to reassure him.

"I-I'm serious, Poppy..." Wow, this must be big for him to lose it that way.

"Landon..." I put my hands on his shoulders and then on either of his cheeks so he'd look at me. "I won't tell anyone..."

"I'll give you anything..." His pleading tone broke my heart so I tapped his cheeks lightly.

"Grassi, snap out of it, it's me, Poppy... I won't tell anyone, ok?" I tried again.

Tyler wrapped one arm loosely around his shoulders.

"You can trust her, Land..." He muttered in his friend's ear.

"Yeah, Ty, you're right, I can trust Poppy..." He repeated, still struggling to recover from his panic attack. "I can trust you, right?" He said a few seconds later and when a tear rolled down his cheek, I hid it with my hand and pretended he had something in his eye.

"Is there somewhere more private where we could go until he's back to his old self?" I asked Tyler who nodded and headed to a fire exit that led to a small courtyard shaded by trees.

"Miss Martins, Mr. Grassi and Mr. Van Houten," The Principal called out from the entrance of the lunch room. "Why aren't you in class?!"

I motioned for Tyler to go on and went to talk to the intimidating man.

"Landon's upset, Sir..." I started. "A friend of ours asked me about my best-friend's suicide and I was the first surprised when I ended up telling them what happened in great details. It was the first time I talked about it and I guess I got so lost in my account that I didn't realize they might be shocked..." I went on, hoping that he'd buy my lie. "I think it brought back memories..." I then muttered and the flicker of understanding that flashed in his eyes told me that I'd convinced him.

"I'll let your teachers know that you'll be late..." He said softly and turned to leave.

"Thanks, Sir..." I replied before running to the fire exit through which Landon and Tyler had disappeared.

"She told you she wouldn't tell anyone, Land..." Tyler was telling his friend when I got to the shaded bench where they were seated.

"Yes, but what if she's in a bad mood one day and spills the beans or what if she just slips, even?!" He argued.

"What if Tyler's in a bad mood one day and spills the beans or slips?" I countered.

"He wouldn't." Landon's certainty showed me just how deep their friendship ran and I couldn't help but smile at that.