Escaping

Luke

Luke glared at the clone boy from inside his cell. Blast strode proudly back and forth, admiring his prisoners as if he were a hunter with his catch. "Where are you taking us, Blast?" Leia questioned from the cell beside him. Blast turned to her. "Cool it, Doll Face. All your questions will be answered once I deliver you two to Lord Midas." Luke gritted his teeth. "You talk to my sister like that one more time, you no good, rankweed sucking barve, and you'll regret it!"

Blast shook his head mockingly. "I don't believe we've had the pleasure of properly meeting." He eyed Luke with a devilish smile. "The son of the Chosen One. What an honor to be in the presence of someone of your nobility." Luke snarled. "And you're the scum bag who turned in my sister to Darth Midas." Leia clenched her fists around the bars of her cell. "He did not turn me in!" She remarked haughtily.

Blast strode past her with a smirk on his lips. "So I see you haven't let that one go, huh Babe?" Luke felt his teeth grit as anger filled his body. "That's it!" With a swift motion, Luke brought up his hand and lifted the arrogant clone boy by his neck. Blast squealed with fear as he flailed and Luke felt a nasty gleam growing in his eye.

"Anything else you wanna say to my sister?" He asked harshly, squeezing tighter around the other boy's throat. Blast gasped and an answer just barely escaped him. "Please..."

"Luke! Let him go!" Leia cried.

Luke shot a confused look at his sister. "But Leia, he called you-"

"I know what he said!"

"This is what he deserves!"

"Luke, listen to me! This isn't right!" Her words echoed of the walls and Luke let the boy drop to the ground. He stared coldly at his sister. "What's your problem?" He asked, gripping his cell bars. After all this kid had done to her, why did Leia want to spare him? Leia closed her eyes and breathed deeply. "Jedi don't seek revenge, Luke. You know that."

Luke's gaze softened as he watched his sister. She seemed disgusted with him; unable to look his direction. She was right. Jedi used the Force as a defense. Not a weapon.

Blast coughed from his spot on the ground as he attempted to speak into his intercom. "The the prisoners are exhibiting hostility. Assistance is requested on the detention level." Luke ran his hands through his hair. I was just trying to protect my sister! He repeated to himself over and over. But he knew that there was more to his behavior. Somewhere inside him, his hatred for this clone overwhelmed him. Everything he had done to Leia fueled Luke's anger and it was all too easy to let that anger take control.

What would Dad say?

That's when the static over Blast's intercom suddenly evolved into a man's voice. "We've got bigger problems than that soldier. A rogue gunship is in our tail! We need all men in the control room now!"

Blast opened his mouth to protest but thought better than to argue with his commanding officer. "Roger that. I'm on my way." Before taking off, he shot a glare at Luke. "You're gonna regret what you've done..."

Luke felt a smile ease onto his face. A stolen gunship could only mean one thing: Dad.

Leia

They had to escape. And fast.

"Luke, our lightsabers are on the control panel."

"Oh. Why didn't you tell me that before?"

"Because you were too busy arguing like a child," Leia pointed out to her brother. He was so immature sometimes. Pushing her annoyance aside, Leia focused on her lightsaber. She stretched out with the Force until her sword returned to her hand. Her brother did the same. They both ignited their blades and cut through the metal bars that held them captive.

"They should've known better then to keep us in cells," Luke remarked as he led the way out of the detention room. The two were immediately greeted by troops. "Stop right there!" one of then barked. Leia Force-pushed the soldiers back against the wall and took off down the hallway. Luke was at her heels. "So how are we supposed to escape?" Leia bit her lip. "Still working on it."

As they rounded a corner, Leia spotted a row hatches built into the wall. Escape pods. "This way," she instructed, already swinging open the hatch. Luke stood outside of the pod. "What about Dad?" Leia busily prepared the pod for activation. "Something tells me we won't want to be around for when Dad catches up with this ship. Now get it!"

Anakin

Anakin was right on the ship's tail when an escape pod on the left hull dispatched. He sensed his son and daughter were inside of it and breathed a sigh of relief. At least for now, they were safe.

Focusing his attention back on the ship ahead of him, Anakin took aim. He fired a torrent of blasts and hit the phantom ship dead on, but to his bewilderment, there appeared to be no damage at all. How can that be possible? He fired again, missing once but then landing a blow at the hull. Still nothing.

Now it was the ship's turn to attack. From its main guns, a purple bolt of energy hit Anakin. The gunship shuttered violently. The shields were gone. He was defenseless.

A retreat was unnecessary because after firing, the mysterious ship took off from the planet. It disappeared from the atmosphere as quickly as it had come. Anakin shook his head ruefully. There was no telling what that ship was capable of or when it might return.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Hey guys! Sorry this has taken so long to get posted but I'm trying to work out some plot problems. Anyways make sure to comment and tell me what you think. Thanks and may the Force be with you!