She saw him immediately, studying a the framed blue prints for the lay out of the building by the front window. His highly muscular body was encased in a light grey Italian suit, and his hair wasn’t brushed back and gelled, but fell how it used to, in black silken curls and waves. Laura stopped, shocked to see Alexi there, and she found herself watching him. Alexi turned then, his eyes landing on her. The light blue dress shirt he wore with his suit set off his bronze skin and his eyes, which were hard and blank as they looked at her, not at all like the ones that had looked at her last night. Shaking off the chill that ran up her spine, Laura watched him walk towards her. Good lord, he really was a large man. He stood nearly a foot taller than her without her heels on, and Laura had to look up at him when he stood in front of her.

            “What are you doing here?” Laura managed to breathe, and Alexi was gripping her elbow as he looked around.

            “We have things to discuss.”

            It wasn’t a request, as Laura soon found out when he gripped her by her elbow and all but shoved her out of her building and into a waiting car. Laura protested as he slid in after her, slamming the door behind her.

            “What in the world do you think you’re doing-“

            “That boy you were with last night, he is a Maloney?” Alexi demanded, and Laura frowned, confused.

            “Wait, why are we talking about him-“

            “Answer the question, Signorina Santos!” Alexi snapped at her again, and laura snapped back this time, her golden eyes turning the color of liquid gold as her temper rose.

            “Yes, he’s a Maloney! What does that have to do with anything?”

            Alexi swore fiercely and turned away from her. Fuming, Laura huffed and turned away as well, looking at the driver’s seat in front of her, highly irritated.

            “Are you going to tell me what is so-“

            “Do you have any idea who Marco Maloney is?” Alexi demanded, cutting her off.

            “Of course I know who he is-“ Laura began, but he cut her off again.

            “Non, Marco Maloney Senior, the Signor, do you have any idea who he is?”

            Impatiently, Laura answered. “Yes, I know how he is, he’s a stock broker genius, Marco, the son, learned almost everything from his father, so what?”

            Alexi was shaking his head now. “Marco Maloney is much more than just a stock broker, and now you have made him angry.”

            “Me?!” Laura said, astonished. “I’ve only met the man three times, what could I have possibly-“

            “Enough to anger him,” Alexi said, cutting her off again, and Laura exploded this time.

            “STOP INTERRUPTING ME!” She screamed at him, hitting her fists on the leather of the car. Alexi looked at her, an amused look on his face, and Laura snapped at him again as the car came to a gentle stop.

            “You don’t get to just come back into my life, ordering me around, telling me what to do, and drive me crazy! You don’t get to come in here, asking me questions when you won’t even answer mine! So I’m going to ask you, one more time, why the hell doesn’t my father want me around you?”