Compared

After you had decided on your new name, the party really kicked into gear. Tony reaches into a cabinet above the counter and, unsurprisingly, pulls out some whiskey. You all play a few drinking games and everyone, except for Steve, starts getting a little tipsy.

After you all get bored of drinking games, you turn to trying to lift the hammer. You'd been told before that every party they've thrown usually involved Tony trying to "rule Asgard".

"Hey, Point Break! Let me have another go at that hammer!"

"My friend, if you were not worthy before, you will not be worthy now, but by all means, attempt to lift it."

Almost everyone takes turns trying to lift it, but no one can. Even you try, but you aren't able to make it move a centimeter. For some reason, both Steve and Nat decline to try and lift it.

Throughout the party, you see more and more of the weird behavior that you've come to expect from them as everyone gets intoxicated. At one point, Tony tries to steal Clint's cake on the sly while his back is turned. Without breaking his conversation with Thor, Clint turns, slams an arrow into the table mere millimeters away from Tony's hand, and starts eating his cake.

After getting over the shock of almost being stabbed, Tony yelles, "That is mahogany!", but no one pays him any attention.

Near the end of the party, you suddenly notice that someone is missing.

"Where's Nat?", you ask.

Everyone searches for her for a few minutes, but when no one can find her, you all shrug and continue the festivities, confident in Nat's ability to take care of herself.

Not five minutes later, Nat jumps out of the ceiling, lands inches in front of Steve, and yells "BOO!".

To everyone's delight, Steve jumps about a foot in the air, letting out a very girly, high-pitched scream, and Thor, who was talking with Steve, almost blasts Nat with lightning, but is able to halt his attack at the last second.

You, Clint, Tony, and even Bruce are all doubled over laughing. Steve turns to glare at you and starts staring at you and Tony.

Your laughter subsides and you are able to ask "What?" around your giggles.

He shakes his head, "Nothing, it's just that I never noticed how much you look like Tony. You even have the same laugh."

Everyone else starts giving you stares as well, which makes you a bit uncomfortable.

"Yeah, you're right," says Bruce, "It must have been your...," he gestures to your scare awkwardly, "that made me not notice before."

Tony starts examining you as well.

"Hmmm... Nope! I am way too handsome to look anything like you," he says with a mischievous grin.

"Ha! Yeah right! There's more ugly on you than a pig's backside, old man," you scoff.

"Who are you calling 'old man'?! I'll have you know that I am-"

"Sorry to interrupt, sir," Jarvis chimes in (Is that laughter that I hear in his voice?!), "but there is a situation on the other side of the city. A man is managing to rob a bank without using any weapons. He simply talked the person behind the counter into giving him all of the money. He would might have gotten away with it, but by removing the bills at the bottom of the register, he tripped the silent alarm. The police have not been able to handle the problem. Every time they go in, he convinces them to leave. Fortunately, the spell seems to break once they exit the bank."

"Great," Clint grumbles, "like we need any more of these guys."

A lot of powered villains have been showing up lately. Luckily, they've all been focused on getting rich and not on destroying and/or ruling the world.

"Tony, I think you're the best person for the job," Steve says, "He's unarmed, so try not to hurt him too badly."

Tony sighs as he gets up from his chair.

"I'm off to work, kiddies. I'll be back soon."

"Wait," you call, "do you want me to come too? If he's using his voice, my control of sound could be useful."

"Don't worry, kid, my suit's sealed up tighter than a politician's ass. Sound only gets in if I want it to. I'll be alright on my own."

He hurries up to the roof and a minute later, you all can see him out the window as he flies towards the other side of town.

Steve turns to you, "Well, now's as good a time as any to go and visit your alley. Are you sure that you want to go?", he looks at you with concern, "You can always change your mind."

You nod.

"I want to see it one last time."

He nods, "I'll come with you, then. You never know what could happen."

You smile, happy to have someone to keep you company.

"While you're out, I'll go down to the lab and check for any more Project Evolve activity", Bruce says, "It's been a whole month, but you never know."

"Well, I guess the rest of us will just have to finish off all this cake and alcohol by ourselves while you're gone", Clint says with a grin.

You roll your eyes and follow Steve out the door.

[A/N: I know that this chapter is a bit shorter than my others, but I just wanted to give you all an update. Thank you so much for your patience and all of the support that you guys have been giving me. It helps a lot and whenever I consider just giving up on this first attempt at fanfiction, you guys manage to help me keep going. I'll try to give you all a proper chapter soon :) ]