Chapter 48: Mallory's POV

Mallory's POV

    So Kassidy and Shawn left Hayes and I in charge of Katey. Now is my chance to see if Hayes is really father material.

"Hey Katey! Are you hungry?" I asked, walking into the living room.

"Yeah. I want a mayonnaise sandwich."

"With ham on it?" I asked, once again.

"Not just mayonnaise." She replied, returning to play dinosaurs with Hayes.

     Weird kid. I walked into the kitchen, and began to make her sandwich. While I was making it, I listened to Hayes and Katey talk.

"I know who you are." Katey inserted.

"Who?" Hayes asked, I could hear the smile in his voice.

"I watch you on YouTube. I love your sister Skylynn she's so funny. I love her shirt that her and Nash made!"

"Is that so?"

"Yeah and that vine of her and Nash and they're singing 'you can call me green beans'" Katey stood up, putting her hand on her hip while singing that last part.

     Hayes is actually being really good with Katey, hopefully he will be the same way with our child- my child. I got to figure out what I'm going to do, should I tell Jack?

2 hours later

    Hayes had fallen asleep with Katey is his arms. We were all watching Finding Nemo on the couch. Katey was still wide awake watching the movie.
    Suddenly I heard keys jingling and suddenly Kassidy and Shawn came through the door.

"Hey, we're gonna run upstairs for a second. We will be back down in like 5 minutes okay?" Shawn said, running up the stairs with Kassidy trailing behind him.

    I didn't even get the chance to reply since they took off so fast. What the hell were they going to do? Wait, they probably got Katey something and didn't want her to see it right away.
    About two minutes later, I found out what they were doing.

"Why are they being so loud?" Katey asked, scrunching her face up.

"They're.... uh, playing the bagpipes." I quickly made up.

"Ugh, it's so annoying." She said, curling up into Hayes' arms.

"Yeah, it is."