PART TWO~CHAPTER : 12

warning steamy chapter but not R

♪♫••═════ PART TWO~CHAPTER : 12  ═════••♬ ♭

Dax and Tristan had been joined in their nap session by Randi who lay stretched on the last empty length of the sectional.

I sank to share a cushion with Tristan's feet. With much chagrin, I realized that my son still wore his brand new PJ's.

Goodbyes echoed from the hall rousing the three of them, and Tristan's sleepy eyes looked into mine.

“Momma, you're back...”

“I missed you.” Touching my lips to his silky hair, I asked, “Want something to drink? Then we can get you dressed and--”

“Daddy said I didn't have to get dressed today.”

“Really? Daddy said that?”

Nodding, he sat up rubbing his eyes. A large clock adorned one vast wall, and its hands depicted the time as after six. It was an odd feeling to know the day, as Tristan and I normally knew it, was almost over. Yet here, tonight, it was barely beginning for me.

“Daddy said I could wear my pajamas all day, and then we could go swimming all day tomorrow.”

Having Jack make arbitrary decisions about Tristan was going to take some adjusting to. Even though these types of decisions were minor, and he had always consulted me concerning anything major, the loss of complete control felt odd.

Tristan trailed me to the kitchen where I searched for plastic cups by randomly opening cabinets. Jack had served Tristan with them last night and this morning. The breakable glasses were logically located right next to the fridge. As I continued to look, Randi and Dax, both still heavy lidded from sleep, sauntered into the room.

“Looking for these?” Dax joked, waving a box of cookies.

“Yes!” Tristan enthused, clamoring to a chair in preparation for a snack.

“Actually, I was looking for plastic cups.” To Tristan, I admonished, “I thought you could have some supper before cookies.”

“There are no plastic cups here,” Randi spoke, and at the same time Dax produced the requested cup from a shelf beneath the island.

“They are down low so he can reach them.” Dax explained, and looked so proud that I knew he must have been the one to put them there.

“Since when are there plastic cups?” Randi wondered, then followed Dax's gaze to Tristan, and answered her own question. “Oh. Since someone became a daddy...”

Randi actually looked content at the thought of Jack with a family, and puzzling on the lingerina and Jack just couldn't be any more confusing.

“Can't I have one cookie now? Please Mom..ma?”

“You know what? Have three cookies. Have four! And I will be right back.”

Randi and Dax exchanged a look between themselves, but I felt no remorse for my outburst as I whipped around. My intention was to search for Jack, but I turned smack into his hard chest.

Automatically, his arms wrapped me, holding tight even after I regained balance. “Where you running off to?”

Safe in his embrace from all the weirdness of the day, some of the pent up stress dissipated, and I blew out a relaxed breath.

“Actually, I was going to ask if you had any ideas on Tristan's supper.”

“Food sounds amazing. Order a pizza?”