Chapter 4: Levi

Levi

"Fox?" I questioned in utter bewilderment. The dark haired woman stared dazedly in my direction, her posture slack and loose losing her usual composure. She had discarded her jacket and unbuttoned the top four buttons of her white shirt, revealing a fair amount of cleavage, and tied the bottoms ends together at her waistline exposing her midriff. Her lips were parted and glossy from her drink, her cerulean blue spheres sweeping over my face as her cheeks emanated a clear red hue and recognition hit.

"Levi." She whispered in a sultry and sexy voice. I felt my heart pound hard in my chest and my mouth went dry but I did not let it show through on my features. Erwin's eyes cast over to me with an entertained gleam and I glanced at him in the corner of mine.

"Levi?" He asked, clearly wondering about how she addressed me. I looked away from him back to Mirai ignoring his questioning presence.

"Fox, what are you doing?" I asked walking forwards. I tried to keep my eyes on her face but I couldn't help but let them wander over her figure, memorizing her curves while the opportunity presented itself. Mirai giggled and my eyes widened for only a moment. That was a sound I had never heard her make before.

"What does it look like she's doing, stupid?" Vera slurred and spun in a slow circle, her hands holding her hair over her head before letting it fall back down around her like a waterfall. "She's getting drunk!"

"Correction, 'she's gotten drunk'." Mirai laughed and Vera joined in falling down onto the ground and laying out on her back. Both of them found Mirai's correction far funnier than it really was. Mirai turned away and stumbled grabbing at the table for support. She lost her grip but I lunged and grabbed onto her before she could fall to the floor. My arm snaked around her waist and grabbed onto the opposite side's wrist pulling her forwards and against my chest. Her free hand landed on my shoulder as she looked up at me not understanding that she had almost fallen or comprehending that she was in my arms. I let go of her wrist and placed both hands on her bare waist, lifting her up and setting her on top of the table.

"Nice catch, lover boy." Vera's voice called from the floor and I glanced at her with a more annoyed expression than usual. I hated that nickname. "Help me up?" She asked Erwin. He grabbed her reaching hand and pulled her up with one arm to land beside him. The song changed to a slower one and she grabbed onto his elbow, stumbling backwards attempting to drag him with her. "Dance with me." She ordered tugging on his arm. For a moment, he did nothing but then, sighing and obliging to her command, he let her steer him away from Mirai and I at the table.

When I turned back to Mirai, after a small delay, I realized that both my hands were resting high up on her thighs and I was standing between both her legs. My eyes darted back to hers but she looked very calm as she observed me in silence and I relaxed under her gaze. I started to pull my hands away but she hooked her palms under my elbows, leaning slightly towards me to do so, stopping me from getting any distance between us. Her eyes were hooded as she leaned ever so slightly over me, her cheeks flushed with a tint of red. She was only a few inches away from me. She tilted her head slightly to one side giving me a confused look.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked undoubtedly erotic though clearly unintentional. I tore my gaze away from hers.

"I'm not looking at you like anything." I explained. After a second she flicked my nose and I blinked in surprise at the action, forcing myself to make eye contact.

"Yes, you are." She slurred and then giggled again causing a fluttering feeling in my stomach. That was not butterflies I felt. I refused for my stomach to have butterflies from her giggle. She reached behind her and I took advantage to free that hand from her leg as she grabbed the bottle that she was previously drinking from. She shook it in front of my face and I read the label aloud.