Chapter 2

Now, something that always intrigued me was how exactly the whole job assignment process worked... And, well... It's like school. Across from the Main Headquarters is the Training Building, for example, there the new recruits take classes, study, and take their final exams. The final exams are extremely important, because they rank you as a reaper. And the rest of your time is determined on how you did on that test.

     For example, if you get an A in ethics, and a B in practical skills, then thats enough to become a field worker. Lastly, you'll be put out in the field with one other student, and assigned one soul to reap. If you succeed, then you're a field worker.

     There's only three topics: practical skills, written exams, and ethics. So, the whole school-like process goes by pretty quick. The thing that takes a while longer is remembering rules, and getting used to using your Death Scythe.

     Grell and William share classes, because the new found recruits are always put together in groups of twenty and these two shared the first letter in their last names- and not to mention they also share the same time of death. So, due to the way things are arranged, they had seats next to each other, they had rooms next to each other, and eventually, they had lunch next to each other.

-Part 2, The Most Complicated Part Of Anything Is Absolutely Everything-

     They made it up to Grell's room, but... "Hand me your key." Will put his hand out toward her, but she didn't say anything. He turned his head after they both went silent, then crossed his arms and face palmed with his right hand. "Where are all your things?" He spoke with a sigh.

     "Hm? Oh i dropped those back in the lobby." Grell spoke as if she hadn't even realized up till this moment. She didn't really care about it, but guilt began to creep in her thoughts once she noticed how aggravated Will was...

     "I ca-," She was about to offer to go down and get them, but she spoke too late. Will already started unlocking his door. "No matter, we can just go in here. After all... I wouldn't want to be seen in public wearing this thing now would I?" Will playfully teased the redhead, in hopes to lighten the mood and alleviate the awkward pain of their situation.

     Grell was surprised to find out that their rooms were right next to each other, but she wasn't quite sure how she felt about it; neither of them were. "Ohh~ you're taking me into your room, eh?" Will pulled her in and shut the door. "I never said anything about that, now please wait out here while i change." He pushed his glasses up and entered his bedroom.

     After getting dressed, he walked over to the mirror and looked at himself. To be honest, he was expecting to look very different, but he wasn't sure why. Unlike Grell, he actually believed the man from earlier... This was all too elaborate and clear to be a dream, or a joke.

     Everything around him looked so different from England. Where is it he is exactly? He leaned into the mirror once he noticed his green eyes. "My eyes are green? But i thought they were..." His train of thought stopped when he noticed something in the mirror.

     He turned around and walked over to the stubby looking, fat, unpointed pin.... And noticed it said 'On' at the top; so naturally, he flipped it upward. Once he did, he noticed it said 'Off' at the bottom.

     "Are you done yet?!" An annoyed voice called from the other room ((and also sounded oddly close to his door))... But Will was too fixated on the light switch to care.

     Then moments later, he noticed the light all around him ((which he probably should've noticed right away... Which just goes to show that he's still stuck in a weird state)). Then, to make sure the stubby looking thing was causing the light to turn on, he flipped it up and down several times.