Chapter 69 || "Lads Sleepover."

Start from the beginning

So therefore, I allowed my lack of response to be my answer.

"Oh my god- It is a boy!"

A large weight lifted off my mum's shoulder as she beamed, evidently relieved by my answer. With the sudden news that Luke would be leaving us for six months, I believe she feared the worst from me. Luckily, all she had to worry about was a boy.

Or so she thought...

"What's his name?" She questioned, eagerly leaning towards me "What does he look like? How old is he? Is he tall? Do I know his mother?"

I blanched, completely unprepared for her intrusive questions. When considering telling my mum about a boy, it didn't occur to me she would want to know everything about him - although it was painfully evident now.

"Well uh... He's ah-" I paused, glancing frantically around my living - as if to find a way out of this "He's my age... Really tall. Kinda annoying."

"Sounds like your brother." She snorted, causing me to pause, blinking repeatedly as if to try and comprehend her statement.

She did not just say that.

"He's nothing like Luke."

"He sounds like Luke-"

"He is nothing like Luke."

My mother blinked a few times before subtly nodding, acknowledging my discomfort and discarding the subject. I let out a small sigh and leant my head back against the soft material of the chair, wishing I could just close my eyes and pretend that this had never happened.

Ashton was nothing but trouble and I had always known it.

"Do I know the boy?"

"Yes, you know him." I replied, nodding my head in confirmation "He basically lives here."

"Is it Michael?"

I frowned, craning my neck to meet her eager gaze, eyes wide with curiosity.

Why did everyone think that?

"No. It's not Michael." I stated bluntly, watching her face fall in disappointment.

"Oh... Okay." She mumbled, fiddling awkwardly with a few rings placed decoratively upon her finger "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," I nodded "he's dating Emma anyway."

"Who's Emma?"

"The girl he met at the Masquerade Ball."

"I thought that was Dana?"

"No, she's dating Calum."

"Then who's Natalia?"

"Luke's friend."

"And Ishbel?"

"Isabella. And honestly, I have no idea. She works at Target."

My mum frowned, scratching her chin thoughtfully.

"And Ashton dates Alex?"

I couldn't help it - I laughed, choking on my saliva and falling into an involuntary coughing fit. My mother watched from across the room with dimmed eyes, her expression hurt and a little confused. She didn't understand my reaction, yet she would soon.

I had to tell her.

"Mum, Alex and Ashton broke up a month ago." I informed her, watching in amusement as her face fell, her eyes narrowed with confusion "He's dating someone else now."

"Really? Who?"

I hesitated, second guessing my answer. This could either go two ways, and each option scared the living crap out of me.