The Bag: Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

"I'm not!" He yelled startling me.

"Woah, I'm sorry" I said putting my hands up in defense and backing up a little bit.

"I'm sorry" he put his head in his hands.

"Just tell me why you're so irritated" I said quietly.

"It's not important" he said.

"Well it is too me"

"Whatever, my brother was diagnosed with cancer again" he sighed.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry" I ran over to him and hugged him.

Brandon stood up making me let go of him.

"Don't pity me" he spat harshly.

"I'm not, I know how you feel. Everyone pitied me at my old school when I told them about me. So, I moved schools. Here, no one knows about me. No one can pity me" I shrugged.

"Really?" His tone softened a bit.

"Yes" I moved closer to him.

"I'm being too soft, I'm a badboy, not a softy. Forget I told you any of this" he shook his head. "So, let's go downstairs and eat shall we?" He grinned.

"So you're going to be you arrogant self again?" I smiled.

"Yep" he grabbed my hand.

"Good, I like you when you're annoying" I smirked.

"Oh man, I can't have a nerd liking me" he let go of my hand as we reached the stairs.

"Shut up, I'll never like you" I stuck my tongue out, "anyway, you're the one that wants me to be your girlfriend"

"No no no, you're my fake girlfriend for the dinner. That's all" we walked down the stairs and I let my arms go to my sides.

"Obviously, I would never agree to officially date you" I rolled my eyes.

"Ashlyn, my dear!" A women in her 30's said coming up to me.

"Remember" Brandon whispered in my ear before intwining my hand with his.

"Hello, Mrs. Smithy" I shook her hand lightly with my free hand.

"What a pleasure to meet you, Miss Anderson" she said shaking my hand.

"Same too you, Mrs. Smithy" I nodded slightly.

"Oh dear, please, call me Linda" she smiled.

I don't know what Brandon was talking about when he said she can be ignorant.

"So, Ashlyn, where do you live?" Linda asked as Brandon and I followed her into the dining area.

"On the west side of Leisenrang" I said looking at Brandon, he nodded in assurance as we reached the dining table.

"Oh, so you live in the" she paused, "poor side of town?" She winced at the word poor. Obviously it not being known by her in any way.