Chapter 4- Red

**A/N 

I hope that this chapter gets the story moving a bit after the last one which was more setting the scene and explaining a few things later in the story. Remeber any comments would be great. If you like this send me a message, write on my profile, comment, fan or vote. Enjoy! ******

******************************************************************************************************

The first glance I had at the strange man that was at Matt's door was a powerful one. His hair, racing red was so bright it seemed to dull everything else in the room, including Matt's soccer shoes which are the brightest I have ever seen. When the man came inside I noticed that his eyes were a striking blue, as blue as a crystal that has been dipped in the paint used to paint the sky. Putting those things aside I think the thing that I noticed first, almost subconsciously was that he had my ears.

I have always been a little obsessed about my ears. They are smaller than most and almost elfishly pointed at the top. Unfortunately I haven't seen anyone apart from my family with these type of ears before, until now.

Matt looked stunned and slightly in awe of the young man who was sitting at his dinning room table chewing on a guitar pick that he had produced from goodness knows where. I mean, Matt has always been the poster child, the golden boy, the one everyone looked up to, but yet in walks a complete stranger who doesn't  even know who Matt is, apart from a friend of Carli Harrison's. That is what  the man with the red hair who I have nicknamed Scarlet keeps calling me. Not Carli but Carli Harrison.

Scarlett turned to me after chewing on the pick for a while. He looked almost comical, with his red hair and his serious expression, he almost looked like a person who could pull off playing The Doctor from Doctor Who.

I was too busy wrapped up in my thoughts of this strange man playing The Doctor that I missed half of the first sentence he said to me. What brought me back was Matt's slow whistle as he exhaled air in a fashion only he could pull off. "Now that is heavy." he stated simply

"Sorry um Scarl- I mean sir but what did you say." I ask apologetically.

The man looked at me and frowned. "When they said that Carli Harrison was a bright, intelligent girl from a well minded family I believed them."

I at least had the courtesy to bow my head and mumble some form of apology as my cheeks flared as red as his hair.

"I was told to seek a girl going by the name of Carli Harrison in a town called Brisbane. I was also told that she may have been with some friends as school apparently just finished, which I consider extremely good timing if I don't say so my self. I was told to bring you back with me to speak to my boss about a very important topic that is extremely classified and, " here he looked at Matt, " must only be discussed where prying eyes and ears must not venture. "

He drummed his fingers on the table and I noticed another abnormality about the Scarlett, he had exactly three fingers and one thumb on each hand. Matt must have noticed them earlier as when I glanced back up at him, he shrugged and gestured that he was loony.

"Sir, what can we call you." I asked as I really knew that I shouldn't be calling a grown man a woman's name.

He smiled, the first I have seen that can be warm but cold at the same time. "Whatever you must. My code name is Red, but I answer to most things."

I shivered. This man was something else entirely. He seemed serious yet funny, cold but warm, personal yet distant. It was almost like he had multiple personalities bounding around inside him trying to get their views across at the same time. It was pretty scary.

"Ok Red. You want Carli, but what for. I can't have you taking her away without at least knowing where she is going because if you suddenly turn into an axe murderer and kill her then I will get questioned as I was the last person to see her. I can't live with myself knowing that I just let her walk away without at least asking." Matt protested.

It was sweet that Matt actually cared enough to do that, but if we traded places I am sure that I would do the same, probably even for a complete stranger.

Red seemed uncomfortable at the comment. Now whether it was the axe murder or the destination that was making him feel like this I didn't know but what I did know was that I got an image. All of a sudden I saw the girl again. The one on the chair with the cats from the last vision, except this time she had lost the cats and now had birds. Another door opened and a different man came in kneeling in front of the chained girls feet. The girl looked up and laughed prettily at the man who was looking shamefacedly at the ground. She pointed at the man and from her finger tip flew a thin line of what looked like white light. The man cowered to the ground as the light came closer to him. As the image was fading he turned around so I could see his face. Although it was covered in a haze, his features were unmistakable. He had the same blue eyes and pointed ears as Red, except he didn't have red hair.

"Carli, Carli. Are you alright?" I could feel someone shaking my shoulder and it felt like I was waking up from a dream. My eyes were hazy and my ears were blocked.

"I told you that I need to take her. Her condition is only getting much worse. You have to let her go." a voice said, firm but gentle.

" Can't I come too?" Another voice said fading into the distance.

The last thing I heard before completely dropping out of consciousness was a clear but kind, "No."