Chapter 2- McDonald Thoughts

• Dedicated to The McDonalds Down the Road

WIth much persuausion, Matt and I convinced Milla to maybe take the passanger seat and let someone else drive. That someone however turned out to be me. So in th end I was driving Milla's beat up old blue sedan with Matt behind me and Milla beside me to the Maccas just down the road.

When we arrived the Maccas was really packed. It seemed like just about every person form our school was there, although we really shouldn't have thought any different being as it was the last day of school and the Maccas is less than 50 metres from our school. I did think that there was a rule about fast food stores not operating within a kilometre of a school but I must have been wrong.

Because it was so busy Matt, Milla and I stuck to each other like glue just in case something went wrong and we got seperated. Some of Matt's mates spotted him with me and began to whistle and call to us. Milla, naturally, basked in it and shook her head, placing one hand on her slender hip compared to me who was trying to avoid eye contact and being noticed.

Matt noticed though and when I looked up he gave me what seemed like a quizzical if not humoured look. Milla's arm slipped out of the corner of my elbow and she disappeared. She always was and stilli sthe social butterfly.

We found two spare stools at the high table and immediately sat. I glanced up at Matt who was looking blankly through the crowd of teenagers. I noticed his mouth twitching at the corner and I knew that any minute he would say something very witty and funny that would crack me up. 

Just as I had this thought, an image flashed into my head. I saw a girl, not much older than myself, in a room filled with cats. She was smiling and happy but her feet were in chains. A door  opened to the left and she laughed, very prettily, as if she was a princess. In stepped a man who strood up to her and kneeled majestically before her. I noticed the fear in his eyes and knew that something wasn't right.

My vision ended as Matt tapped me on the shoulder, looking very concerned. "Are you alright?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

What could I do? Tell him I had a vision of something...because that would go down real well! "Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a bit of a head ache."

He nods but I can see him searching, looking for something again and it starts to really freak me out. I look away before I glance into those eyes of his and melt like I did before. To take my attention away from that I stare at the table untill Matt returns with my burger.

"Carls, Damien is here. I am going over to his house now ok." Milla says as she breezes past me. I don't know how I heard over the rather loud noises coming from the room but I did and I instantly knew that there was trouble ahead. Milla and Damien are supposedly "together" but I think that they are more "friends with benefits". I never liked the idea of that and that reflects alot onto Damien because I have never liked him either.

I watch as she sails out of the door with Damien in tow. She really is so different to me and now I wonder how I have never seen it before.