9. Two Can Play The Blackmail Game

Start from the beginning

I stood there, taken aback by his fit. I was just admiring the painting.

And did he just call my hands filthy?

Arrogant, good-for-noth--

"First you're late and now you're making me wait for you!" I heard him shout from the living room.

I rushed over, grabbed the coffee before heading into the living room.

He was on his knees, playing with a huge German Shepherd, smiling as the dog rolled on his back.

He actually liked animals. I thought he was an asshole that hated the existence of anything that didn't benefit him.

I instantly pitied the poor dog.

"Coffee," he demanded without a glance to me, holding out a hand.

I handed him a cup, keeping one for myself. He placed the cup on the coffee table beside him.

He held out his hand again. "Both of them."

I handed it to him, confused.

"Get the bowl by the door."

I grabbed the blue bowl with the word Prince printed on the side and handed it to him.

He placed it next to him and took a cup, pouring the contents into the bowl before placing it in front of the dog and saying, "Here you go Prince. Drink up."

Oh no! He didn't! He did not just give my coffee to his dog!

My face must have hilarious because as soon as Douglas looked up he burst out laughing.

"What?" He asked when I glared at him.

"Did you just give your...pup my coffee?"

He nodded as he got off his knees and stood up. "Trust me, it'll be better use compared to what it'll do to you." His eyes lingered on my body, ad if he was judging.

Did he just insinuate that I was fat?

"First off, I didn't choose to be here. Second, I don't even want to be here. Third, I'd rather scoop horse manure than work for you. Fourth, I haven't even had breakfast this morning and you gave my coffee to your dog. Your dog!"

He smirked as if he found my raving hilarious. "There's the door," he nodded in the general direction of it. "You're free to leave if you want to."

"I'd rather not get on your fathers bad side."

"And so does every fucking person on this useless planet!" He exaggerated his statement with his hands thrown up. "Let's get this straight. I don't like you. I don't have to. As far as I'm concerned you're just like any other leech out there hoping to suck money out of us."

After everything I'd gathered about him, I wasn't even the least bit surprised the asshole was now calling me a gold digger.

"Your father came to me. Okay. Not the other way around. And as far as I'm concerned, I don't give a donkey's ass what you think about me. All I care about is doing my job and making sure I don't have to see your insufferable face ever again after this summer."

He chuckled with exaggeration. "My face is anything but insufferable. It is a gift of gods."

"Too bad it doesn't make up for that attitude of yours, now does it?" I arched a brow.