I leave my unfinished breakfast and quickly rush to prepare myself to make the bus that will arrive down my block in about 2 minutes.

"Bye mom." I say, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Drew." I say, waving.

"And don't forget to pick me up after school." I say, quickly grabbing my backpack and heading to my front door.

"Aren't you going to clean up after yourself?" My mother questions me.

I shut the door before even getting the chance to answer her.

"Oops." I laugh to myself.

+

I arrive to my school Straford Hills which I absolutely hate. I walk inside the double doors and instantly cringe at the familiar people that I see almost everyday of my life. Unfortunately.

I walk to my locker and put all the books and binders away that I don't use for first period. Most people don't use their lockers, but I guess I do for whatever reason.

No, I'm not popular at school. I don't mind it actually. I have amazing and trust worthy friends so that's all that matters. Usually, everyone at my school thinks it's a priority to be popular during high school but never me. Never thought that once. I'm better off alone. I think I'll always be. We all die alone anyways, right?

I shut my locker to meet up with my group of best friends. There's a total of four of us. There's Nico, Grace, Stevie, and I. Cool thing is that we all have first period together which is a very rare.
The bell rang and we all walked to our first period class. Social studies.

I hate social studies but it's not bad since I have all of them in there with me and all we do is goof around. Probably is the reasoning why I'm failing the class, but I'll make it up somehow before my mother gets my report card.

+

My brother picked me up from school not that long ago and now we are driving back to our home.

The car ride is so silent which it never is because Andrew always has something to say. The kid never shuts up.

"Why aren't you talking?" I question him to break the awkward silence. He ignores me.

"Must be one of your off days." I piss at him.

How rude.

As we enter the familiar roads to home for the past 3 years, he finally decides to open his usually "obnoxious" mouth.

"Hey. I want you to know everything is going to work out." Andrew says, making me confused.

"Huh?" I question him.

He just goes back to not answering and now I have a mind full of questions and what ifs.

I walk inside my house and see filled boxes with stuff inside. As "stuff", I mean like picture frames, silverware, blankets, and literally anything you can think of that crosses your mind.

I run up to my room and it was completely empty. I'm still so confused to what's going on, but I can take a guess. I walk into my mom's room to see her packing.

"What the hell is going on, mom. Why are you doing this to me?" I asked her, kinda getting angry now.

"Oh, honey. I am so sorry but we have to move back to Virginia." She says, throwing me off guard.

"What? Why?" I ask her, trying not to cry.

"Please mom! I can't go back there!" Shouting at her.

I just don't understand. I am upset and pissed.

Don't get me wrong. Virginia was a good time while I lived there but my life here is so much more now. I could never move from here and my amazing friends I have made over the time. I just can't.

"Well, I don't really know how to tell you this on such short notice but for a while I've been talking to this man and he's my boyfriend now. He's going to help us and give us everything we need to be happy." She says, as I'm still trying to process everything she said before and process what's going on.

"He can financially provide for us. Not saying it's just that because I really do love the man, but it will help us live a better life, Megan." She says, in a calm tone.

"Ok." I said, as I slowly walk out her room.

It's the only thing I said because I was in too disbelief to say anything else or even pick a fight on how I can't go. After all this, just to go back to the one place I no longer want to go to.

I enter my room and stare at the blow up mattress and single pillow on my empty floor.
Seeing this, I am guessing we are leaving tomorrow morning or sometime this week, so that means I have to say goodbye to my friends at some point. I'm honestly dreading it so much. All this time went to waste for what.

+

So it ended up to be true. We were leaving tomorrow, not that it wasn't so obvious, but I just can't believe all of this is happening so quick and so soon. I understand my mother keeping this a secret from me because she knew how'd I'd react, but Andrew. Him keeping that big of a secret from me is so beyond me. I would never do that, no matter the outcome or how he would react.

Andrew drove me to Nico's about almost an hour ago to say goodbye and he invited everyone over.
It was getting late and I couldn't sleepover obviously so there had to be a end of it all at some point.

"Guys, my mom wants me back now." I say, trying to hold back the tears that I know are coming, as I read the short message off my phone from my mother.

"Andrew is on his way, honey."

They all frown. I give them all a hug and at this point tears are coming down my face.

"Thank you guys for being the bestest friends. Truly, I'll never forget it." I say.

One by one, they give me a hug before leaving.
My phone dings. "Here." I frown.

"I love you guys and please keep in touch with me." I say, smiling before leaving Nico's.

I shut his side door behind me and slowly walk to my brother's beaten down, black honda accord.

+

As I enter the familiar roads, almost hitting my block. I slip a tear, realizing it will be the last time entering this neighborhood.

As soon as I get home, I slam my brothers car door, knowing he absolutely hates that even though the thing is a beaten down piece of shit.

"Hey!" He shouts, as I completely ignoring him and rushing inside my house.

Before my mother sees me, or my brother rushes behind me, I run upstairs to my bedroom and lock the door.

"Bitch!" Andrew says, hitting my door but i ignore him, not giving a fuck in the world.

I rest my head down on my pillow and the very uncomfortable blow up mattress.

"Well, it was fun while it lasted." I whisper to myself before shutting my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

author's note:

hi. so i'm rewriting this horrible story i wrote in 2015 when i was in like 7th grade and wow. why the fuck did you guys read this shit.. lmaoooo.