22: TO THE PUBLIC

- CHAPTER TWENTY TWO -

.*•🐚.☆

MEGAN
A Year Later

Today is Jacob and I's one year anniversary trip. We are going to a airbnb in the middle of the woods near West Virginia and I am so excited. Jacob surprised me with the reservation on the day of our anniversary a month ago. He told me he picked this place because we always spent so much time in the woods growing up and he wanted to take me to a nice cabin in the woods. During our relationship, we both decided to keep it private. I mean people on social media have assumptions and there have been rumors as photos of us have been leaked several times but neither of us never confirmed it.

As for everything else in my life, I'm going to be 18 years old in a few months and Jacob just turned 18. Jacob is super big on social media now and literally everywhere he goes in public, he is recognized. He has six million followers across all his platforms. I got pretty big myself. I started getting recognized in public a lot around seven months ago and I also have a lot of supporters myself.  I just hit a million followers on instagram. Jacob and I being rumored to date caused a lot of my followers.

I graduated from high school a year early as I planned and I am now attending the University of Virginia as a freshman. College has been really good so far and I love my roommates so much. It's about a two hour drive so I come home every other weekend to visit my family and Jacob and that's been going really good.

I got my first car for my seventeenth birthday. It was my gift from Frank and Andrew. They both pitched in and got me a 2009 Nissan rouge in black and I love it so much.

My best friends are still Luna and Loren. I try to see them once or twice a month when I come down but sometimes they come up to my college and stay for a few days. We always go to the college parties. Loren actually met her current boyfriend at my college.

My mother has been dead for a little over a year now and I miss her deeply but I'm happy again. I thought i'd never be happy but here I am, smiling everyday of my life. I just wish she were here to see all the amazing things i've done and accomplished since she's been gone. She'd freak if she knew Jacob and I were dating. That's all she ever wanted.

Frank ended up adopting me a few months ago making him my legal guardian. I cried that day. I never thought I'd have a father figure in my life. I am just so happy he came into my life and as for Andrew, him and I are still super close as always. I don't think that will ever change.

"You all packed and ready to go?" Jacob asks as he walks into my room. I nod.

"Where were you this whole time?" I ask getting up from my bed.