The Big Move

"Here we go" I exhaled deeply as we drove into Keystone Avenue, that rested on near the banks of the rocky cliffs and the rolling hill tops nestled in between sprouting forests and woods.

"47, 48, 49, 50!" I screamed pointing at the grey painted house, startling my poor mother as she pulled up on the drive on a swerve.

"Well, new life it is" She smiled, taking hold of my now trembling hand, smoothing the skin over my knuckles.

"I'm happy your with me Tori" She stuttered, her breath hitching as she choked on her watery tears.

"Aw, mum, of course I would come. I mean they have better flavoured pop tarts here" I baffled, whilst her sobbery complexion uplifted to a cheeky annoyance, slapping my arm gently as my wit caught hold of her bright side.

"You know you love me mum" I pouted, opening the car door.

"Figuratively" She stuck her pink tongue out, and I chuckled.

See where I get it from?

I squealed like an excited mouse as she unlocked the ebony, glossed front door, pushing the handle down to open it up to a large, white space.

Guessing it was the "welcome room" due to the crystal like chandelier swinging gently in the warm breeze of mid afternoon Cali.

I edged through the door frame, peering around the place like it was a show home, and it sure looked like one.

Where the chandelier hung, was a swirl of a white banister, leading to separate rooms and gliding down the main staircase.

I walked further inside, taking in the fresh paint and polished flooring scent that filled my nostrils.

Through the arched door way was a clear view of the back door, with linen curtains drooping over the main frame, covering the scene of the back garden.

"Tori, how about you help me with the suitcases and then go and pick your room. The moving men will be here in" She glanced down at her rose gold watch that I bought her for her fortieth birthday. I made me happy to see her wear it with joy, "Half an hour" She smiled elegantly, placing her iPhone and keys on the window sill by the ajar door.

"Yep!" I chimed as we brought in our bags and cases filled to the brim of our life back in England.

Ah, England..

For now I'll just unpack.

I grabbed my bags and made no waste of time hauling them up the stairs and to the landing, with stretched in two directions, then leading back up another staircase.

I made a decision and chose left, flinging open the nearest door to release my tired arms of the weight of four suitcases.

To my luck, was a spaced, cream walled room, with birch plank flooring, white closets, an ensuite, a four poster queen sized bed, and matching drawers.

Thank god there was a balcony, I couldn't stand the freaking heat my my brain was forming a mushy mess.

I placed (a.k.a dumped) my cases at the end of the bed and dived on, engulfing myself in a spring, cotton mattress.

"I'm in heaven" I sang happily whilst rolling to each side of the bed like the weirdo I possess.

I looked around the room, occasionally taking in deep breathes of fresh air, brushing my chocolate brown hair away from my jet lagged eyes.

My attention averted straight to the window opposite me, where a boy, which you could happily compare to some sort of God, was fishing around what looked like a desk, that was piled with scrunched up papers and. cans of Arizona's? Until he found what he was looking for.

A condom packet! Okay I'm staying away from our neighbours, no matter how hot they are...