1

Falling asleep at the counter. People had been served already or were giving orders. A loud group of boys walked into the Milkshake shop.

I sighed, waiting for them to sit down or to come up to the pastry area or come to the counter. Some sat down and one walked up to the coffee and pastry area. I put on my apron and put in the clear plastic gloves provided.

"Hi, how may I help you today?" I asked the boy. He was quite mesmerizing. Big plump lips, a very defined jawline. He was quite tall. The tattos on his arm showing. Dark brown hair, that I could run through all day. Deep, dark brown eyes, that I couod get lost in. I cleared my throat as I woke up from my trance.

"A friend told me that there is a girl here who makes bomb ass Oreo milkshakes, could you get her for me?" Surprisingly I was the one that made these milkshakes.

"That's me, would you like one?"

"Uh, yeah, Kayleigh right?" He read my name badge. I nodded.

"Name?"

"Derek Luh, spelt L-U-H." I nodded once again as he returned to his friends.

Putting all the in ingredients into the blender, I was quietly singing along to Stitches which was playing on the radio. Once it was done I put it in a clear plastic cup with a lid and a straw. I wrote down his name.

"Derek Luh, Oreo Milkshake?" He stood up and looked so angry. He walked towards me looking intimidating.

"That'll be $3 please." My voice was a little shaky. I can't handle people who shout or scream, its not something I grew up with.

"Its not Luh, its Luh, pronounced Lou." He growled. He slid over a five dollar bil and I gave him back his change.

"Have a nice day", whispered before sitting back down and laying my arms on the counter and putting my head to rest.