Chapter 25 - Qubool Hai?

Começar do início

I exhaled a loud sigh as I walked to the bed and plumped myself on it. I ran a hand through my hair as my mind traveled somewhere and made my heart jolt withing my chest.

I don't even know why suddenly I got this uneasy feeling...I just hope that I'm not doing anything wrong.

A sudden knock bounced me back a little and eventually broke my chain of thoughts and I rolled my lips inwards as I slowly got off the bed, heading straight to my door.

I unlocked those big fat carved wooden doors and opened it wide to reveal one of those servants in my house.

"Assalamualaikum Asad Baba." Majeed Bhai greeted politely as a smile was planted on his face and I loosened my face expressions as I nodded my head.

"Waalaikumsalam Majeed Bhai." I replied, curving my lips upwards into a smile as well and he looked down at his hands, made me lower my eyes too.

"Yeh...aapki Sherwaani iron kar di hai." He told, extending the hanger in his hands a little forward in my direction and I inhaled internally as I took it.

"Thank you Majeed Bhai." I said genuinely and he nodded his head at me, ready to leave the spot.
I turned around and just when I stepped in my room, I heard his voice again.

"Asad Baba.." He voiced up and I turned my body behind, facing him.

"Jee Majeed Bhai." I replied and he hesitantly took a step towards me and I passed him a sincere smile looking at his elderly face.

"Nashta taiyaar hai. Aap jaldi a..." He was about to complete his sentence when I cut him through.

"Theek hai Majeed Bhai. Aap jaiye pehle...main aata hoon thori dair mein." I put a hand on his shoulder saying and he ran his eyes on my face, in search for certainty and I smiled at his concern before passing him a reassuring nod.

"Theek hai." He replied then and I took my hand off his shoulder, letting he go and as soon as he was away from my sight, I got in my room again.

Closing the door behind me, I walked to the long width mirror that was attached on the wall and took off my Nikaah Sherwaani from the hanger. Sherwaani that I was going to wear in few hours for the most big event in my life.

I hid my lips in between my teeth as I scanned the Sherwaani from head to toe and sucked in a deep breath.

Nikaah...

Haya's POV

"Haya." Khan Begum called me out for the third time already and I stopped at the staircase with a bowl of turmeric in my hands, turning around and faced her.

"Jee Biji." I replied as she stepped towards me with a smile on her face.

"Jaao Hawa ko jaldi bulaao. Nashta taiyaar hai...phir use taiyaar bhi karna hai." Khan Begum said looking at my face and I nodded my head.

"Theek hai Biji." I said and turned around and just when I started climbing the stairs, she stopped me again.

"Arey sun!" She screeched aloud and I huffed, shaking my head slightly as I faced her again.

"Aab kia hai Biji?" I sighed and she smiled idiotically at me, clearly got my annoyance as she parted her mouth.

"Woh paste..." She was in the middle of her sentence when I cut her off, knowing very well what she wanted to ask.

"It's with me already. I'm taking it upstairs...then you can apply it on Hawa." I said and she sighed in relief before she passed me satisfied nod.

"Okay tum jaao." She said and I inhaled internally as I climbed the stairs again but still I could hear she yelled to some other workers who were in charge for the decorations.