Chapter 7 - Changed?

"I'll see you later mum," I shouted as I left the house for school. My British side of me still says mum instead of mom.

"Hey," Jack smiled as I grabbed his spare helmet and put it on my head. I've been going to school with Jack for a couple of weeks now and I have to say, I've been a lot better with no screaming, I'm getting used to it now. "Hey," I replied back and he shot off instantly.

As we were moving the traffic was awful, the good side of me was panicking that we would be late for class. Ever since I skipped class, which luckily my parents never found out about, I've been trying to be the best student possible to make up for what I did, I can't believe I did that in the first place but I'm glad I did.

Alex makes me feel things I've never felt before, it's all so new to me and I don't know how to feel about it. But all I know is that Alex is the cause of all these feelings I have, I can't put my finger on it but I'm excited to see where this could go even if I am scared.

My parents still don't know about Alex and I, I want to tell them I really do but I'm terrified of their reactions. My parents are very strict and have high expectations for me to live by, maybe now I understand why they say kids with strict parents are more rebellious and sneak about.

Alex wants me to tell them but he still hasn't told his parents about us either so he can't argue with me, I'll tell my parents in my own time just like he will with his.

"Ugh, I can't wait any longer," Jack complained and started to weave in and out of other cars that were parked, this earned a lot of angry drivers beeping their horns at him but Jack being Jack, he didn't care one bit. I kept trying to apologise to drivers for what Jack was doing but they weren't really interested.

We made it closer to the front and as soon as the traffic moved he zoomed off as quickly as he could. But a car sped up and trailed right behind us, giving no space between their car and us. Jack noticed and sped but even more, I started to panic because I could barely hold on with the speed he was going.

Jack looked behind to see the car behind us, to make sure the immature driver was gone but he wasn't looking to see that a car was turning the corner to drive in the opposite direction and in one quick motion Jack and I crashed straight into the side of this car.

It all went so fast I didn't really know what happened.

The last thing I remember is laying in an awfully bad position with the worst pain in my head, everything else went blank from there. The last thoughts in my head was on Alex, will I ever see him again? Surely the time we spend together wasn't our last, I just hope I get to see that infectious smile of his once again.

Alex's POV

I hate waiting, where are Jack and Analia? With a huff I give up waiting any longer and walk round the back of the school to have a smoke, no way am I going to math class with no one to talk to, I'd rather die, I'm only at school because of Analia and she's not even here.

Do you think they're here yet? I wondered as I finished my smoke and walked back into the school building.

I couldn't find either of them, where are they? I know for a fact Analia wouldn't miss any more time off school if she had to, so what's going on?

I decided to try and ring them. First I rang Analia and it went straight to voicemail, strange. So then I decided to ring Jack, that's when everything changed.

"Hello?" I answered as I had no reply.

"Hello, this is Baltimore Hospital, the owner of this phone has been in a serious accident." I couldn't speak, my best friend is in hospital, is Analia with him?