"Uh, you guys look drained." I said staring at all of their bored faces. Ally sighed, "well there's nothing to do, Mila." Dinah laughed, "I know they aren't bored." Lauren shot Dinah piercing eyes of, "you better shut the hell up" but Dinah laughed at Lauren's attempt to be intimidating.

"Look at the gorgeous sunrise guys!" Lauren said pointing at the sky, "look at all of the pinks and oranges, and tiny bits of yellow." Lauren's eyes widened at the sight, "it's like God is an amazing artist and he gets to just paint a new sky everyday, ever think about it like that?" The girls didn't seem to take much interest, so I joined Lauren in her sky talk.

"Yeah Lauren, you see how pretty the sky looks with the giant clouds against it? See the silhouettes of the birds? The black silhouettes of the birds contrasting with the warm sky, pretty huh?" I asked my wide eyed girl. She nodded contently, "exactly like that, Camz." Lauren looked at me, her smile almost as warm as the sky, and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"Okay, what's so cool about the sky though? It's just a sky." Normani said, boredom clearly taking over her. I could see Lauren becoming discouraged, "well, because–," I interrupted, "maybe you're not looking close enough. Maybe we're all not looking close enough." I smiled to myself. Lauren tapped my shoulder, "what do you mean, Camila?"

I ignored Lauren because I could show her better than I could tell her, "everyone, up!" I yelled. All the girls look frazzled and confused, "what're you doing, Camila?" Dinah asked. "We're gonna have some fun dammit." I said pulling my shirt off over my body. "Camz...why are you taking your clothes off?" Lauren asked, I could feel her eyes glued onto my stomach. I grabbed onto her hand, "trust me." She looked at our hands and then back up at my eyes, "alright, I guess." She laughed. Lauren took her hoodie off, and then her thin t-shirt, leaving her bra and stomach exposed. Lauren yelled, "well come on lazy fuckers, Camila wants us to do something."

Dinah rolled her eyes, "I guess." Normani interrupted, "how do I know Camila doesn't just want to see us half naked?" Ally laughed, "yeah, I doubt that." "We aren't the ones she wants to see naked, it's Lau–," I stopped Dinah before she could finish her exposing sentence. "—Anyway! Pants, those gotta go too." Nobody hesitated this time, they just all followed along. Once the girls and I were all in our underwear I grabbed Lauren's hand, "okay, now follow me."

[Lauren's POV]

Camila took my hand and led the way, she stopped once we met the mouth of the lake. "You want us to swim?" Ally asked. Normani grabbed Dinah's arm, "Camila, it's cold outside." Camila looked at the three of them and smiled, "live a little." She said softly.

Camila placed her feet in the water and then jumped into the water completely, she definitely broke the silence and the stillness in the lake. It was like shattering a thin sheet of glass. She hopped out of the water, flinging her long, wet locks behind her. She stood there for a moment, taking in what she had just done, her frozen face broke into a warm smile. "It isn't as bad when you just get it over with." She fell back into the water splashing us. "Come on guys, it's fun!" Camila yelled.

The girls looked at me, waiting for me to be next, they were obviously too scared. "Fuck it." Is all I managed to say before I jumped into the cold water, Camila was right, it wasn't that bad. But as I kissed the water it felt like a frozen shell coated my body before dispersing, it was an odd feeling for sure. I felt a warm embrace come from behind me, "you did it." Camila whispered, kissing the back of my neck behind my ear. I turned to her, "I only did it for you, because you wouldn't catch me in this cold ass water for no reason." I laughed.

Flashbacks of camp played in my head, Camila and I in the pond. Everything was the same, like in that one moment. The only worry we had in the world was making sure we didn't get caught by the vocal coaches. Things are surprisingly different now, it's crazy how quickly life just changes. I heard splashes behind me, it seems that the others got in the water too. I couldn't turn around and be amused by the shivering girls, because they were super over dramatic; I was in a trance. Camila's warm brown eyes always made feel at home, I know technically I am absent of one right now, but anywhere with Camila felt like home.