Chapter Seven

[Lauren's POV]

Did Camila really just serenade me? Did she actually just tell me that she loved me back? I was shocked, I was almost positive that I wasn't in reality at all. I felt as if I was stuck in a dream that I never wanted to wake up from.

"You've always loved me?" I asked the brown eyed girl staring at our hands.

She then looked up and me and smiled, "ever since I laid eyes on you, Lauren."

I was playing with her fingers that were intertwined with mine and looked into her eyes and asked, "are you sure? Don't you think this is all too soon?"

She paused and looked down, she then locked her eyes with mine and let out a sigh, "Lauren, I've been in love once, I now realize that what I had with her wasn't love, at all." She smiled at me and continued, "but with you, I fell so quickly. It caught me by surprise. It took me a matter of days to feel the love I've been wanting to feel, it scared me. But now, I'm safe."

I was shocked at her words, my hands still folded in hers, I was frozen.

"Cam-Cam-Camila..I-I.."

She let go of my hands and said, "I thought you felt the same way. I'm sorry if I ruined our friendship. I'm sorry. I'm such an idiot."

"Camila, please. I'm just shocked that someone could fall in love with all of my imperfections." I said sighing.

Her eyes were filled with tears, the tears were glistening in her eyes. "Lauren, you don't have to lie to make me feel better."

"Camz, please. I love you too." I admitted.

"Are you sure? You can be honest with me, Lauren. Just please be honest with me."

I looked into her eyes and kissed the top of her hand, "I want to do anything but hurt you."

I put her hand down and fixed my hair out of my face, "I kinda wanted to tell you the exact same thing before you interrupted me.."

Her eyes bulged, "I'm so sorry, Lauren. I just had to get it off my chest."

I laughed softly and said, "I completely understand."

I then looked into her eyes and then to her full pink lips, I leaned forward and planted a chaste kiss upon her lips. The feeling of her lips against mine was almost magical, I felt sparks flying and butterflies fluttering. The kiss was short and sweet, it's just what I wanted. It had enough power to win me over, and the subtle feel of innocence.

"Let's get out of this smelly cabin and go exploring." Camila said excitedly.

She was so cute, God. Her eyes lit up at the thought of exploring. Camila was an adventurous person, she loved exploring her surroundings, she had a drive to travel.

"Where to?" I asked.

"That's why it's called exploring, Lauren." She smiled and laughed.

She grabbed my hand and brought us face to face with the outdoors, the warmth of the sun against my cool skin felt amazing, I was slowly being thawed out thanks to the heat.

We walked into the forest right behind the cabins, it was a deep forest. You look like you could easily get lost in it. The trees shadowed the ground, completely blocking the sunlight from touching it. You could hear the cicadas hissing in the tall trees, and you could hear water streaming. I looked around to see where the water stream noise was coming from, I squinted and focused my eyes on a small pond.

The water was surprisingly clear and its surface glistened as the sun hit its face. "Camila! Look!" I said pointing at my new discovery.

"Nice eye, Lo." She said handing me her fist, waiting for a fistbump.