Preface

We were so far apart. Yet, we had gazed at each other surreptitiously, so lovingly. Maybe we both knew somewhere deep inside that we would not be walking out of this together. One had to lose the other.

Though maybe, dying young would be the best thing that could ever happen. I have no regrets but yes, I did want to live a little longer.

I guess...I'm becoming a part of this lonely, sad place.

Love is so strange... It comes to you when you don't need it but just when you need it the most, more often than not, you have to let it go.

Remembering the happy moments of the little time I got to live in this world, I could only think of him. The day when I'd seen him for the first time, the crooked smile playing on his lips; there but barely, the way he talked in his intense, velvet voice... He never failed to knock the very breath out of me. And of course, his eyes. His very beautiful, very expressive eyes that sparkled affectionately, holding me prisoner.

And now that we are on the brink of parting, I can't bear to look back at him. Because I know it will weaken me. Love can not conquer all, it seems.

Thinking of your loved ones in a place so dead, made it even more difficult to leave. All my friends, relatives and especially my parents; people I loved, people I cared about... I would have to let them go.

So much pain I would cause them. So many wounds I would give them. It hardly sounds fair in return of the love they've given me.

No conditions, no strings attached. Just selfless love.

I could at least rest in peace, knowing I gave a fair fight.

***

~In the very face of death, she had fought bravely. And she had died, with honour.~