Criminal {A Ziall Love Story}

This is my first story, so I'm a little rusty. I hope you like it. If you think something should happen, comment and if I like it and use it, I'll credit you. Enjoy! xxAsh

BANG!! The door crashed open. "GET DOWN! GET DOWN!" A man with a ski mask on crashed through the bank holding a gun in the air. I crawled beneath a desk and put my hands over my head. My first day of work and a bank robbery? I couldn't hear anything. I quietly look up to see where he is and his eyes lock on mine. I gasp and put my head back down, hoping he wouldn't do anything. But he did. He walks toward me. I can hear his boots against the tile. "You," he points at me. "You're coming with me."

~Two hours later~

I make my way through downtown, watching kids hop on the bus for school. I smile slightly. I'm walking towards the bank for my first day, and as I see the bank up ahead, my stomach turns. God, I'm nervous. I put my head down and try and calm myself. Hannah will be there. She can help me for sure, right? At least one of us knows what we're doing. I shake my head to get rid of any negative thoughts when I slammed down on the pavement. I look up and see a man clad in black and leather walking away. "Jesus, watch it." "Sorry.." I start to say, but he's already gone. I walk to the door of RCB Bank and check my reflection. I dust off the dirt and rocks and smile. I look good, I feel good, I can do this. I fix my blazer one last time and walk in. As I walk in the smell of coffee and coins hit me. I might as well get used to it, I think. I work my way through people in line and walk to my little cubicle. I set my blazer on the chair and boot the computer up. I open up the bank's files and look at my to-do list. "Payroll, money logs, checking." I have no idea how to do any of this. "Bloody hell.." I say under my breath. "Need any help?" I look up to see Hannah smiling at me. I laugh a little.

"Yeah, I don't really remember much from training." She smiles.

"Oh, come on. You were the smartest one in training! You know everything. You're just nervous. It's to be expected. This is your first job. Just take a deep breath and figure it out." She ruffled my hair. I smoothed it out.

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks, Han." I turned back to the computer screen.

"So how you liking Raithín?" She asked.

It's great," I say, turning my chair towards her. "I like being home, seeing familiar faces." I smiled and she blushed.

"Good," she said. She puts her hand on mine. "Because I really missed you. Don't leave me again, okay?" She made a pouty face.

"I don't plan on leaving again." I state.

"Yay." She ruffled my hair again, then left. I sighed. Doesn't she remember why I left? I liked Hannah, I really did. Maybe even loved..but that's not my team. Thought she'd figure it out after I kissed Noah Johnson at her 21st birthday party. I shook my head, trying to brush girls AND guys off my mind. I began my list and was doing really well. I'd been here for an hour and had already had my work done. I stood up and walked over to the coffee kiosk, and made a new pot. While I was waiting, my boss, Jim, walks over. He shakes my hand.

"Pretty good, a little bump in the road, but it was just nerves. I'm more confident now. I finished all my work too."

"I'm glad you said that Niall. I have a teller whose wife is having contractions. He left early and now I'm short a teller. Think you can handle it?"

"Yeah, sure." Why did I say that? I wasn't trained to be a teller.

"Alright, then. C'mon."

He walks my over to my spot and gave me brief instructions before returning to his work. Alright..let's see if I can do this. I punch random buttons to see what happens. The first couple of people must have seen me sweating and decided to go to different tellers. Thank god. I put my hands over my face when I heard a crash.

BANG!! The door crashed open. "GET DOWN! GET DOWN!" A man with a ski mask on crashed through the bank holding a gun in the air. I crawled beneath a desk and put my hands over my head. My first day of work and a bank robbery? I couldn't hear anything. I quietly look up to see where he is and his eyes lock on mine. I gasp and put my head back down, hoping he wouldn't do anything. But he did. He walks toward me. I can hear his boots against the tile. "You," he points at me. "You're coming with me." I look around. I catch Hannah's gaze at me. She looks terrified. Can't say I'm not. "Me?" I stutter. "Yes, you." He says. I stand up slowly and he takes my hand. "NIALL!" Jim screams. The man turned around and shot near him, giving the hint to stop talking. He grabs my arm aggressively and pulls me out of the bank, firing a few shots at the windows. I look back quickly as he's running to see Hannah crying her eyes out. "NIALL..!!!" She cries. "Hannah.." The man then yanks my arm and has me running fast. He's let go of my arm now and still running. "Keep up," he yells. I slowly stop running. I wait til he's out of my sight and turn around. I tried to run. My lungs heaved. They hurt. They were dry. I couldn't breathe. I reached into my pocket to get my inhaler. I breathed in and my heart rate calmed down. I started walking and turned a corner to go back to the bank. I let out a small gasp. There he was. "Going somewhere?" he smiled.