Chapter 7: Lexi

I was right!!!! It's a huge room, with racks lining the walls. Shoe and purse shelves are mainly empty, but some brand-new converse, Toms, and sandals are on one of the shelves. There's about a dozen outfits, stuff that put my Nordstrom leggings to shame. There's a 360 mirror at the end of the room, with lights, so I can see every angle of my outfit. There's accessories hanging from hooks and in some drawers. Everything from dresses to sweaters to jeans and short skirts. "Pretty cool, huh?" I jump at the sound of my mom's voice. She walks into the room behind me. I turn and smile at her. "Yeah, it is. Thanks for doing all this mom!" She laughs, "Oh Honey, I didn't do all this. My designer friend designed the room, and her daughter, Lexi, picked out a few outfits to last you until we go shopping. They should be here, so hurry and pick out something to wear!" "Okay mom. If I have to." I fake groan. She just smiles and walks out. I'm really lucky to have a great relationship with my mom. I guess it's mainly because I'm an only child. Now, what to wear? I rummage through the few clothes hanging and pulled out a gray sweater that said "nerd" in big letters. I also grabbed black leggings and some black shoes, that remind me of vans, but they're not. After I change, I go out to my vanity and pull half my hair and pin it back with a black sparkly bow. Black eyeliner and powder look fine with the outfit. I'm a really casual dressed person, never anything too much. For the first time, I notice two beanbags with colorful pillows on the other side of the room. I walk over, and find a gift-box on it. The tag reads, 'To Janna- you'll be needing this as a city girl! We love you -Mom and Dad' I tear off the wrapping paper, and open the box, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see and IPhone! When I lived in Nebraska some of the girls would always be on theirs between classes. Down the hall, I hear the doorbell and my mom opening it. Well, time to meet Lexi. I open my door, still clutching my iPhone in my hand, and walk down the hall. I see a tall woman, and a teenage girl, with long brown hair and green eyes. Her backs facing me, but she turns around when my mom says, "There she is! Victoria, Lexi, this is my daughter Janna. Janna, this is my old college friend Victoria and her daughter Lexi." I smile and shake Victoria's hand. Then I turn to Lexi. She's wearing a visible amount of make-up, and her hair is loose, showing off the gentle waves in it. She has on a leather jacket, which underneath I see a green tank-top and a aqua scarf. She's wearing jeans and combat boots. "Hey, I'm Lexi! Welcome to New York!" Her smile is so natural, maybe I have a chance at a new friend. "Hey Lexi! Thanks for getting some clothes and stuff for me!" "No problem, it's what I do!" We start waking down the hall back to my room. She turns to me and squeals, " I can't wait for you to meet my best friends! You're going to love them. Brooke, Lily, and McKenzie. They go to school with us. Tomorrows Monday!" There's more of girls like Lexi? Maybe I'll have a chance with a first impression. Note to self, wear something adorable to school tomorrow! "Oh yeah, I think my mom mentioned yours is picking me up tomorrow."

Time flys, and Lexi and I spend all of dinner talking. She and I seem to click really well. She's beautiful, and I learned that she has a younger brother, Grant, as well as a pug puppy, Princess Fuzz. Of course, right as we were about to talk about her friends again, they have to leave. "Bye Lexi! See ya in the morning!" She hugs me and waves as they leave. Tomorrows going to be a long day, so I barely get into my pajamas before crashing onto my bed.

________________

Dedicated to the beautiful @jesusjournal Love ya Victoria<3

Princess Fuzzy says please keep commenting, and voting.

You just took orders from an imaginary pug.

Laugh out loud broo

I'm in a hyper, creative mood right now!

xo Claire