Chapter 4: New York, here I come!

The next day, I'm following my parents through Kansas City airport. We're lost, and looking for terminal 7, so we can board out flight. This morning was hard for me. Saying goodbye to Casey and all. She's my best friend and all. There were alot of tears. It was harsh. I'm thinking about this, when my da stops to look at the airport map, and I almost bump into him. He focuses for a minute, they says to us, "lets go this way." He points and we walk in the opposite direction. 3 escalator rides and one staircase later, we walk down the hallway to the entrance to the plane. We walk aboard, and a middle aged man says to us, "Welcome to Southwest Airlines! Can I have your tickets please?" My mom fumbles through her purse. "Here you go." The man looks at the tickets, and smiles. "Welcome Martingwood family! It looks like you're in first class. Head right this way to seats 7A,7B, and 7C. Enjoy your flight!" I turn and look at my dad in shock. I mean, my dad never likes to spend money. He smiled and just walked down the aisle. Soon we were seated in the big, comfy chairs, and a flight attendant started to approach us, a tray of hot towels in her hand. "Hello! She said! My name is Jenny, and I'll be taking care of you on this flight. Here are some hot towels. The televisions have Netflix, and I'll be back soon to take your orders for dinner. If you need anything, let me know." She smiled, handed us the hot towels, and then did the same to the people across the aisle.

I settle in to the comfy chair, and scroll through the movie options, and finally settle on tangled. I love anything Disney. The next hours pass quickly, until Jenny appears again, this time with a little waitress pad. She cheerfully says, "so what can I get you for dinner? You can choose steak or chicken or veggie stir fry?" My mom decides to get chicken, and my dad gets steak. "Can I have the stir fry please?" I say. I'm vegetarian, so the stir fry is my only option. Jenny smiles, "of course you can darling! I'll be right back with that." She comes back moments later, and hands me my tray of veggies and rice, with a salad on the side. I take a way-to-big-of-a-bite of mushrooms, and find it delicious. I don't really have nice stuff like this alot. My moms cooking is great and all, but we only go to the grocery store every once and a while, and yeah, it's pretty hard to keep coming up with great things with canned food. I look over at my parents, and see that they too are enjoying their food. I mow through the veggies and rice, then eat my salad. The second I'm done, Jenny comes back and whisks away the tray, and replaces it with a plate of mini sugar cookies. She asks, "did you enjoy your food?" i just nod, and take a bite of the delicious cookie. ahhh. I could get used to this life.

_______________________________

So I used my good friend Jenny's name in here! I'm going to be using people's names in this story from my real life. And the character Casey is dedicated to my best friend Madi! I'm vegetarian, so I added that it. Tangled is a favorite that I know Ashlynne and morgen enjoy with me ;) love ya my girls!

Please leave some feedback!

-claire ❥ xoxo