Chapter 2

"Shut up!" Ross yells.

R5 laughs at him and Ratliff tries to talk over their hysterical laughter. "Guys, guys! Leave Ross and his problems alone. We all know he looks like a fool but, we shouldn't tease him about it."

Ross feels like he's a tomato. "Guys, seriously. None of you know what it's like to like someone who doesn't like you back. Because honestly, it's hard." Ross says.

He notices Rydel glance at Ratliff and down at the floor. He knew who he was going to talk to later.

Rocky smiles at Ross. "Ross, you don't just like her. Dude, you are in love. And i don't even mean to tease you. You really like her."

Ross nervously looks at Riker, as usual, when he needed to know the right thing. Riker shrugs and nods. "He's right, bro. You fell hard."

. . .

The next day, Laura was on the plane to Chattanooga, Tennessee. She spent her time on twitter, tweeting her status, tweeting her fans, and checking out the feed.

Over the course of minutes, she got bored and started to think of her conversation with Ross. Why was he so eager to know about Brandon? Why did it matter to him? He's so weird.

He's also funny... And sweet... And talented... And romantic... And outgoing... And crazy... Energetic... Calm... Cool... Nice smelling... Smart... Attractive...

Wait, did she really just think that? Yes, but that is okay. Friends could think friends are attractive. They could also think the truth. And hello, Ross is kinda sexy.

WHAT!?

Laura smacked herself in the face. Her mom, who was beside her looked at her, worriedly. "Are you alright?" She asked, looking a little bewildered.

"Oh, yeah! I'm totally fine! Nothing wrong with me, i'm just good 'ole Laura!" She says loudly. A few heads turn their way and she scrunches down in her seat. "Okay, i'm kinda feeling confused. Ross wanted to know a lot about Brandon and... I don't know why."

Laura's mom sighs. "Laura, i'm sure he was just curious or trying to make a conversation. You don't have to worry about that."

Laura sits up, appropriately in her seat. "You're right. I'm being stupid for nothing. We are just friends."

"Well... There is another option. Maybe Ross likes you and wants to know all he can about your date. Maybe he is jealous or something."

"Mom! He doesn't like me and i don't like him! Goodness!" Laura says.

"You don't know that for sure. Have you asked him?"

"No, nor will i ever. I don't like Ross that way so, we will never be a couple. Like, ever."

"Oh, suree." Her mom says, sarcastically.

What was that supposed to mean?

. . .

Ross somehow got Rydel outside of the bus to talk to her. He blocked the doorway so, she couldn't make a run for it. "Ross! What do you want!?" Rydel yells.

Ross smirks at her. "Ratliff," he says.

Rydel's eyes widen. "You want Ratliff?

Ross' eyes widen. "What!? Nooo! I am not gay!" He exclaims. "I'm saying YOU want Ratliff."

"Eww, Ross!" Rydel yells. "Get out of my way! It's too early in the morning for all this nonsense."

Ross doesn't move. He crosses his arms in front of his chest. "Liar. I saw how you looked at him today. You're just trying to hide your feelings because he doesn't like you that way."

Rydel's expression turns angry. "Shut up, Ross! Fine, i admit it! I like Ellington Ratliff! Now, leave me alone, freaking jerk."

"Sorry, Rydel. I didn't mean it like that. I just wanted you to admit it so, i had someone to talk to. We are kind of in the same situation." Ross says, apologetically.

Rydel's expression softened. "Okay, fine. What do you want to know?" She pauses. "And make it quick because i want to go back to bed. I know you already have to get up early for Tennessee."

Ross starts pacing. "Okay, how can i make her get the clue?"

Rydel watches Ross pace. "Don't come on too strong. Just send her some small hints. Like, stand really close, but not too close. Put your arm around her, but not around her waist. And be nice, funny, and willing to do stuff for her."

Ross continues to pace. "Okay, what do i not do?"

"Don't pace." Rydel says. Ross looks to her and stops pacing. "Sorry," he mutters. "I'm super nervous."

"Don't be nervous!" Rydel snaps. "Be yourself and Laura will like you for who you are. So, don't worry, Ross. You know many, many people ship Raura. It'll happen eventually."

Ross smiles at her confidence and hugs her. "Thanks, sis."

"Ew, get off, you dork. Save your hugging crap for Laura." Rydel says laughing and hugging him back, breifly.

They break apart. "Good luck, Ross."

----------------------------------------------------

Heyy! What do you guys think??? Please let me know! I'll try to update as soon as i finish writing a chapter. Thanks!

- Maia