Seeing Red

My feet pounded against the cold snow as I ran. I took a sharp intake of air, my breath visible in the chilly, winter air. A sharp crack came from behind me. I whipped around, blonde hair flying in the wind.

"Leave me alone!" I cried out, pulling my red cloak around me. A large beast came out of the shadows. I backed up, tripping over a tree root. A sharp pain ran through my leg.

"AH!" I cried out in agony, my ankle now throbbing. I got up and kept running. Maybe I could make it home in time.

"Come back here child!" The beast roared, he was on my tail. I could see the smoke rising from the chimney of the house. Pushing a little harder I ran out of the woods at top speed. I raced across the snowy yard, my footsteps echoing up the path. I twisted the doorknob. Flinging open the door, I stepped inside the house, slamming the door and bolting it after me. I slid down, back against the door, breathing hard. I had finally gotten away from the beast. A sudden rumble shook the house. I got up, now facing the door, which shook with every blow to the house. With one final groan the door fell to the ground, dust billowing around it. In the doorway stood the beast. "Well, well, well Little Red Riding Hood. What have we got here?" The wolf snarled.